Roush Rattle noise coming from the blower?

grant3d

May 30, 2006
Hey guys,

I have an 01 S281SC with ~47k miles on it. I just recently had the belt changed and shortly after I noticed a rattling noise coming from the blower. I heard it through the firewall. Also, I could swear the blower pulley has a slight wobble to it. My brother has a newer Regal GS with apparently the same eaton blower on it. He said he had a similar problem with his and it turned out to be a coupler bearing? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does the whole blower need to come off for this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to decide whether to take it to my performance shop or try to have ford cover it under extended warranty.

Im sure this question has been asked to death on here, hell ive probably asked it, but since the blower may be off I was thinking about doing a smaller pulley etc. So what all do I need?

Chicane or Reichard Racing pulley?
Smaller belt? size?
fuel pump/injectors? What kind, size?
SCT tune? XCalibrator 2? I have a dyno shop in the area...Its called "The Dyno Shop" in San Diego if anyone is local.

Basically looking for the idiots guide to modding here. Thanks/sorry/etc.! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Is the pulley on a key way or a press on? I'm not familiar with yours, but the one on my eaton on my explorer came loose and it was rattling around.
This may sound crude but it works.
Take a long screw driver put the handle to your ear and the end on the SC or other items that may cause a rattle, it will magnify the sound.

The bearings can be changed, Steigameir can port and rebuild the blower for you, get you a few xtra hp.