Rattling noise on deceleration

Cobramoostang

Jun 16, 2019
Connecticut
Hey guys I have a 95 cobra 5 speed and about a week ago I started noticing a rattling sound coming from the front of the car on deceleration while it gear, it sounds like something loose spinning around. I jacked it up and checked the driveshaft and wheel bearings/such, any idea what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
The list of things to check could be endless, I would grab a rubber mallet and start with the exhaust, the stock cats can start rattling, the heat shields become loose. Bang around on the suspension, wheels stuff like that. Check sway bar bushings. Clutch fork can get to rattling too. Go under the hood and Bang around the brackets and wiggle the pullies.

Cobramoostang

Jun 16, 2019
Connecticut
Sorry I wasn’t the most descriptive, I recently put a new exhaust on and double checked it and it all checked out, the noise only happens when I’m decelerating in gear, when pushing the clutch in or coasting I’m neutral the noise goes away. It really sounds like it’s coming from the engine/tranny so it could be the clutch fork or throw out but you would think then it would make the noise when pressing the clutch I also checked wheel bearings/suspension and it seemed good

revhead347

I have face herpes.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
Jack up the car at the back end. Grab the tail pipe and shake it as much as you can to see if it is hitting anywhere. It's usually hitting between one of the tail pipes and the upper control arm for the axle.

Kurt

Reactions: General karthief