• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Fox Real Cost And Upgrades Needed For Vortech Blower

  • Thread starter Thread starter 91gte303
  • Start date Start date Sep 27, 2016
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
11,606
8,859
214
In the garage
Sep 29, 2016
#21
  • Sep 29, 2016
  • #21
one more thing for the OP- look around on the Corral, on Craiglist.. you can score some fairly good deals on used parts as guys are always changing setups.. Know that buying used parts is always a caveat emptor situation. . I prefer to buy local where I can inspect the parts. Make sure you use paypal and get lots of pictures.. ask lots of questions.. every guy selling a used vortech always says it's low miles, no shaft play,,,, get the serial # and call vortech.. I see used Vortechs go for anwhere from $1200 to $2500 depending on the trim level and what comes with it..

ask us as many questions as you want. we've all been there done that.
 
Reactions: A5literMan and TOOLOW91

elarm1

10 Year Member
Dec 17, 2010
1,428
652
154
N.Va
Sep 29, 2016
#22
  • Sep 29, 2016
  • #22
Vortech user here and I love it! It keeps all the evos and STI's off my back. It was a bit of a learning curve for me, understanding the pressures of boost but all is well and puts a smile on my face when ever my right foot is planted in my stangs A$$. I too vote for you to get the SI. Your combo is mostly already accepting and you will grow quite old of the basic kit. Definitely take these guys advice because they aren't rookies in this game of speed.
 
Reactions: TOOLOW91
9

91gte303

Active Member
Mar 3, 2015
144
18
28
Lake city,SC
Sep 29, 2016
#23
  • Sep 29, 2016
  • #23
I agree. I was kinda looking in that direction, from the start but didn't know the pros and con or what I should stop at before serious rework would be needed.
Also, just remembered that when I was decking the heads and cutting seat,ect.... I also cut the guide boss down to were I could use a .530 positive lock style valve seal. I did that because I knew I was eventually gonna do this. I'm usually over thinking things and all I could see was boost seeking past the valve stem and just being pushed out the valve covers.lol besides that, I wasn't even gonna put the crappy rebuild umbrella style on it.
 

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Sep 29, 2016
#24
  • Sep 29, 2016
  • #24
91gte303 said:
I agree. I was kinda looking in that direction, from the start but didn't know the pros and con or what I should stop at before serious rework would be needed.
Also, just remembered that when I was decking the heads and cutting seat,ect.... I also cut the guide boss down to were I could use a .530 positive lock style valve seal. I did that because I knew I was eventually gonna do this. I'm usually over thinking things and all I could see was boost seeking past the valve stem and just being pushed out the valve covers.lol besides that, I wasn't even gonna put the crappy rebuild umbrella style on it.
Click to expand...
Valve seals are over rated, we'll maybe in some cases lol. That is a story for another day, I don't want to hijack your thread
 
Reactions: A5literMan, TOOLOW91 and RaggedGT
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Supercharger and What else do I need? 1990 Saleen Vert 5spd
  • AlbertaGolfer68
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
586
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
General karthief
For Sale Vortech crank and blower pulleys
  • Dontknowchit
  • Sep 25, 2025
  • Engine and Power Adder
Replies
2
Views
405
Engine and Power Adder Oct 15, 2025
Dontknowchit
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
56
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
358
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?