Real world costs of a 408 stroker

leon_reynolds

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Well I have gone through many of the previous threads and I have made the decision to go ahead with a 408 stroker build. Has anyone done this recently so they can help me find a number to allocate for this project. I already have a block (79) and worlds heads and intake for it and I would like to make it a roller motor. I am aware of most of the parts needed, but are there any ideas on how to get good parts or kits that are of good quality and where to find them. Thanks for the advice.

• Sponsors (?)

I am looking at a stroker kit on ebay that is forged for $1000. If you can pick up a kit for that price can you actually build a stroker for around 3 grand total. Keep in mind I already have heads and headers.

Hey man, i just got done building a dart 427. I can tell you that once you are finished that you will be glad that you did it! As for the price, you can probably build one for about 3000, but you need to make sure you put quality parts in it (not saying that you wont or will), but you have to be careful at looking at things on ebay. I would call a couple of reputable shops and get prices from them, dont just buy the first one for $1000, i have made that mistake in the past and it cost me a lot more than $1000. Weigh your options and get some different prices and specs from numerous places, write them down and see which one best suits your needs. Hope this helps.

Anthony
Dart blocked 427, Brodix Track 1 225cc CNC's, Comp Custom Grind, .577/.576 310/318, Victor EFI intake ported to 90mm, Accufab 90mm TB, AFM Power Pipe, ACT Competition C4, 3500 Stall, Hurst 1/4 stick, Anderson PMS, 42# Injectors, Hooker Super Comp 2" Headers, 3" Flows dumped, Eibach drag springs, 3g Alternator