Rear Axle problems plz help

hey everyone i have a problem... a couple of weeks ago i completed a 5 lug conversion on my 90 GT..then i noticed the rear wheels are uneven. the driver side rear wheel was not far out enough...or the right side was sticking out to far... whichever the case its not even... can y'all please please help me...

i have all ready checked:
1. Driver-side rear wheel, when pulled didnt move at all, however the passenger side rear wheel when pulled did move about 1/4in.
2. Driver-side rear wheel is rubbing against rear quadshock.

*** Both pictures are of the driver side***

• Sponsors (?)

Did you check the offsets on both rims?
I wouldn't think it to be an axle problem, if it were you probably would of had more issues with the brakes lining up.

Take the rims off and measure the back spacing like in the link i provided.
Even if there is something wrong with the axle, 1/4 of an inch is nothing compared to how bad it's hitting that shock.

I still think it's a rim offset problem.

Are the drums seating all the way down on the axle?
Been a while since i had drums, but if i remember correctly you could still see through the lug holes if the drum was all the way on.

You can reverse the quad shocks (with no bad side effects in my case) to help with the rubbing on the inside of the tire. I'm running 275-40-17 Nittos with the SVE wheels, but I am getting slight cuts on the outside of the tire where the fender is hitting when I hit big bumps.

You probably tore the seal when the axle were installed into the housing. Just a thought but I've heard of people doing 5 lug swaps with ranger axles. 1 is shorter than the other... Just something else to think about.

If one of the axles has 1/4" of end play, there is something very wrong with the differential.

Either the c-clip has fallen off the end of the axle or you have a traction loc differential and the clutches are packed incorrectly or completely worn out.