Rear Brakes Sticking

• Sponsors (?)

Did you clean and re-grease the slid pins? The rears are VERY bad about galling to the bracket. The capilers adjust by centering themselves over the rotors. This can not happen if the slid pins can not move.

Often the slid pins are so galled to the bracket that both have to be replaced. It's a common enough problem that the autoparts store has new replacements. Re-grease with high temperature silcone grease made for brakes.

Has happened to me 3 times in the 60k miles since I've had my car.

Local parts stores and rockauto(who I've found has really good pricing..i.e. 30 for a COP), have replacement brackets and slide pins for cheap. I've just replaced the pins and greased the hell out of them on the last brake job I did to my car..

Q: Is the car in neutral when you attempt to turn the wheels?

With the Traction Lok LSD the wheels will be very difficult to turn unless the driveshaft is free to rotate (i.e. trans in neutral...)

trans is in neutral. just went back out and started tearing things down and the bottom slider pin is seized in the bracket for both sides. whats the best way of getting these things out? been beating on them with a bfh for a while and seem to be getting no where.

trans is in neutral. just went back out and started tearing things down and the bottom slider pin is seized in the bracket for both sides. whats the best way of getting these things out? been beating on them with a bfh for a while and seem to be getting no where.

When my slide pins seized, needed to take the caliper bracket off, spray the pin with PB blaster, let set, and used some vice grips with a cheater bar.
Or you can buy all new slide pins and brackets.