Rear End noise

Shaggydog2000

Oct 22, 2004
Last night I bought new snow tires, after throwing them on and taking them for a test drive, the very car knowledgeable guy I bought them from noticed a wub-wub-wub type of sound coming the cars rear end. I had noticed something like it before, but just chalked it up to tire/road noise. He thought it may be a rear wheel bearing problem. It changed in proportion to speed, and it stayed the same during acceleration, deceleration, and coasting. Of course it was only easy to hear while I had the clutch in and I was coasting. Didn't seem to change while cornering.

Does this sounds like a problem noise to you, or just a regular Mustang rear end noise? I don't particularly want to take it to a mechanic and throw money at it, because most unscrupulous mechanics will do the work whether it needs it or not.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if you knew what you were looking at, you can catch them as they more or less, threw parts at it too and wasn't it. So, I would say they or most are on the up and up or they would be fired if not a scam garage is the dealer level mechanics are top notch is that some are guessing mechanics is more they are not experienced is enough defending those bums.

If you could, pull the tires off and spin the rear end. Yes, you could drive it, swing to one side and this could load the bad bearing off the load is load the quieter bearing and you know know one bearing is bad is the opposite roll of the sway.

But look, since both share the same oil, the other bearings are going to be junk is I used to rebuild rear ends and a lot of material can take out all the bearing surfaces is a full rebuild if the bearings are galled and that metal is floating in the oil is there go the other bearings is roll in that **** is can I say chit ear?