Rear suspension help

I am currently in the process of building over a 1000hp street car with a 94 cobra body. I am trying to find the best route to go on the rear suspension to be able to hook up with. This will not be a drag car but may see the track once or twice since I won't have the cage certified. I am looking at either doing mini tubs or back halving the car. Which route would be better? Why? And what type of suspension components would you recommend? I am a little hesitant of using the factory 4 link setup. I don't want to rip the mounts off the body and I don't want to use the bolt in reinforcements on the body. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I am currently in the process of building over a 1000hp street car with a 94 cobra body. I am trying to find the best route to go on the rear suspension to be able to hook up with. This will not be a drag car but may see the track once or twice since I won't have the cage certified. I am looking at either doing mini tubs or back halving the car. Which route would be better? Why? And what type of suspension components would you recommend? I am a little hesitant of using the factory 4 link setup. I don't want to rip the mounts off the body and I don't want to use the bolt in reinforcements on the body. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

There are forum sponsors that make EXCELLENT bolt in suspension and offer it to Stangnet members at a discount. Check it out!

That said, I wouldn't backhalf it, and it's not even necessary to mini-tub it. You can easily fit a 28x10.5 in the stock wheelwell of an SN95, and that tire with good quality control arms (tubular chrome-moly, spherical bearings) and a good anti roll bar will easily handle 1000hp. Been there, done that!! :flag: