• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Rear Tire Size Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robby Tremblay
  • Start date Start date Mar 1, 2017
R

Robby Tremblay

New Member
Feb 22, 2017
3
0
1
Mar 1, 2017
#1
  • Mar 1, 2017
  • #1
I have a 1998 mustang Gt stock hight I'm trying to find a bigger tire that fill the wheel well (height and width) what's your setup ?
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Mar 9, 2017
#2
  • Mar 9, 2017
  • #2
I had 275/40/17's on my old 96GT.
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Mar 9, 2017
#3
  • Mar 9, 2017
  • #3
I had 275/40/17's on my old 96GT.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,332
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Mar 10, 2017
#4
  • Mar 10, 2017
  • #4
I run 255/45/17's on Sn95 17x8 wheels.

It's 26.0" in OD so a tiny bit taller than stock (25.7")
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2003 Mustang GT - Rear Tire Size Question
  • Cassiebaebae
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
63
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
R
For Sale NEW 2026 OEM Rims and tires for sale
  • RSchultz
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
115
Other Classifieds Aug 3, 2026
RSchultz
R
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
396
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
181
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
206
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?