Rear view mirrors anyone got a better option ?

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
The rear view mirrior in my 67 plain sux. I had an the original setup in there and the problem with it was that the mirror itself was foged over and in need of replacement. Also, the mirror would not stay in position. The slightest bump would make it hang. So I bought a repro hanger and mirror. Well, I can see ok out of the mirror but it still falls down from the slightest bump. It couldn't have been like this from the factory. I'm wondering if I'm missing something ? I've got the thing as tight as it goes and it still wont stay put.

Are there better aftermarket upgrades or maybe pieces from another car that would work better ?

• Sponsors (?)

I have one in my 69 Bronco from a 90s Camaro, it has map lights built into the bottom of it, you can wire it so both turn on when you rotate your headlight knob like factory, or operate each individually. The same thing will go on my Mustang when i get around to it.

The late model convertable Mustangs have something like that also. I was kind of hoping to find an option that would kind of look like it belongs in a classic.

not much help for your 67 but i just got a replacement mirror for mine at o'reilly and it looks close enough to stock that i doubt most people would ever no it's not, probably only the councours folks would notice, if even them.

you might be able to use one of those on your car but just use your original hanger bracket, not real sure it would work that way but it's worth checking out

bnickle, do you know if the 67 overhead console replaces the hanger bracket or if the sun visors mount into it at all ? I was thinking of making a custom bracket for the sun visors and then puting in a 69 mirror or something. I think I remember the later Mustangs having a window mounted rear view mirror. Was it 68 and later or am I crazy ?

yeah 68 and later mount to windshield with a button like modern cars but the 68/69 button is different than what modern cars use.....it's kinda funky actually.

the overhead console is not used to mount the mirror at all