Rear Wheel Goofin'

EpiKk3

Jun 4, 2004
Alright, need a bit of help .. not really sure where to start,
My left rear wheel is clicking every rotation, and shakin like a mo to the point where it's visible from behind.. I should say I've got 1" spacers back there.. had them on for about 6 months so it's possible that screwed something up? and my tires are all but shot to death..

What should I check first? I'm sure a new axel would be an extreme but maybe not?
:) Thanks guys...

• Sponsors (?)

jack wheel up and push wheel up and down,left and right checking for play if you have play remove wheel and push up,down,left and right on the rotor if you still have play check the axle bearings. if theres no play check the wheel spacer.... keep us informed it could also be loose lug nuts if thats the case you should notice this when removing wheel...goodluck...

if it is the axle bearings and it wore a groove they sell a special bearing that will allow you to use the same axle it just positions the bearing at another location on axle they sell these at any parts store. and ensure you add the special additive when refilling differential. i know i'm getting ahead of myself but you need to know this info.. just in case it is the axle but you might already know just trying to help. goodluck....

unfortunately I was too busy running errands all day to have a moment to get the car on a jack .. at least i wasn't driving it i suppose.. any rate, thanks for the advice i should be doing that tomorrow morning - ill let ya know

Good news and bad news.. good news, it wasn't anything major and the car's drivable again..

Bad news..
shens.jpg

shens2.jpg

Trailsport is about to get reamed. :bs:

Attachments

• shens.jpg
    shens.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 61
  • shens2.jpg
    shens2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 38
thanks guys for the nice remarks and EpiKk3 i'm glad you found your problem before the other two bolts broke. and thats scarry i have the same spacers yours look like 1 inch i have 1.25 inch i have the hub to spacer bolts torqued at 130 ft. lbs... with lock tight to ensure they wont work loose and the spacer to wheel lugs tightened to factory spec 85-105 ft. lbs. give us more info. how long were spacers installed were they torqued and any other info. that might help us in preventing this from happening to us? thanks again fellows......

bill302 said:
jack wheel up and push wheel up and down,left and right checking for play if you have play remove wheel and push up,down,left and right on the rotor if you still have play check the axle bearings.

So how exactly would you check the axle bearings?? What would the procedure (if one exists) be??

Having a wheel come off when driving is now fun trust me...yes it happened to me:(

I watched my rt rear Cobra R fly past me at 45mph while the car was skiddin and sparkin all over