Rear window and quarter window louvers

I get my tax refund this weekend and I'm thinking of spending a small part of tat on rear window louvers and quarter window louvers. Any opinion and all advice are welcome.

I've also been thinking about a functional push button ignition to replace the cigarette lighter. I need advice on that to

• Sponsors (?)

SHR louvers are my favorites. CDC comes in 2nd for me.

1088117086_a4971f8ab3_b.jpg

1087215625_b1036afdcf_b.jpg

Attachments

• 1088117086_a4971f8ab3_b.jpg
    1088117086_a4971f8ab3_b.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 1087215625_b1036afdcf_b.jpg
    1087215625_b1036afdcf_b.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 245
I allways have loved the rear window louvers since my 69 mach 1 had them. Instead of side window louvers, I like the scoops like the orginal shelby's had. I think they look awesome on the S -197's, good choice.

Those look like gen 2's.

I've been toying with the idea of rear louvers.
Black of course.
But if I did that I'd want to replace my 1/4 window louvers with a style similar to the rear louver, again, black.

I have the Astra Hammond Aluminum Rear Window louvers on my Mustang. 239 shipped from Amazon (usually around 399...keep an eye out for the deal).

Had some issues with them rattling, but the people at Willpak (astra hammonds company) sent me a new set of mounting hardware for free and haven't had an issue since. Four bolts...no hinges.

I have the Astra Hammond Aluminum Rear Window louvers on my Mustang. 239 shipped from Amazon (usually around 399...keep an eye out for the deal).

Had some issues with them rattling, but the people at Willpak (astra hammonds company) sent me a new set of mounting hardware for free and haven't had an issue since. Four bolts...no hinges.

I've got the same set, could pass on the price. Very good fitment, just make sure you follow the dirrections and you'll have 0 issues. I got my side louvers from stage3motorsports.com, they match the rear fairly well.
View attachment 332527
View attachment 332529

I second the Cervini scoops. They are a quality company.

View attachment 330870

The Cervinis scoops are the best looking 1/4 window coverings out there in my opinion.

87ttopstang, I love your quarter panel scoops as well. I was thinking about doing those... were they hard to install? I had to sand the hell out of my window scoops in order to get them to lie flat and perfectly on the window.

The Cervinis scoops are the best looking 1/4 window coverings out there in my opinion.

87ttopstang, I love your quarter panel scoops as well. I was thinking about doing those... were they hard to install? I had to sand the hell out of my window scoops in order to get them to lie flat and perfectly on the window.

No, they fit perfectly against the quarter panel. No problems at all. So did my 1/4 window scoops. You must have had a bad set.

I've heard that from several people. I've found Cervini's scoops install fine as long as their warm. Set them out in the sun for an hour or so before installation, or set them by a heat vent. They fit perfectly with a bit of heat.