Rearend Rebuild / Gear Install Houston Area

• Sponsors (?)

Thomas in Houston for rear-ends rebuilds

I have used two sources to rebuild rear ends. One is located in my drive way. While the guy does OK work, he is slow and rarely gets things done on time. Virtually every job he does cost more than initally estimated :rolleyes:

The other came via referral. His name is Thomas and he runs a small shop in the back of his house. He does solid work and completed the work on time.

A complete turn key rear-end rebuild (new pinion/carrier/wheel bearings and seals) on my 2003 GT cost $600 (cash) and even included a new half shaft (damaged roller surface). The rebuilt rear end makes NO NOISE at all (can't say the same for my own work).

He also takes bench jobs. I would use him more for repairs of stock rear-ends. For a serious performance application consider using a real speed shop.

I would use Thomas again. 281-794-0099

Note: not sure if placing this information in a post is OK. So if the moderator deletes the phone number, send me a PM.

rear end rebuid

Houston Performance on hwy 249 by Willowbrook Mall area....Ive had all my work done there including gear install...number is 281-893-6080...they specialize in Mustangs...talk to steve he is the owner....tell him Keith Morgan from Brenham suggested him to ya...

As far as a gear install goes, I can get you one for $125 or so--send me a pm for contact information so you can figure out the rebuild cost. This shop is in the SugarLand area and has the best prices around ;)