Rebuild the tremec 3650 or go with a tko-500

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
Rebuild t3650 or go with a tko-500. My tranny feels like hell now, and the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts aren't great anymore, 1-2 grinds sometimes now on peformance type driving, and the 2-3 has a bent shift fork.

I know the tko-500 costs around $1500 but i need a new bellshousing, driveshaft, adjustable throw-out fork pivot stuf and ball, new clutch kit, dallas mustang tremec tko conversion speedcal kit. How much is all this other stuff gonna add up too and labor. I'm looking at $3000 total right.

No one around has experience with the a tko swap into a 4.6. So I guess I would make a trip to T&J Perf. to let them do it.

What do you guys think

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

MustangLife said:
Rebuild t3650 or go with a tko-500. My tranny feels like hell now, and the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts aren't great anymore, 1-2 grinds sometimes now on peformance type driving, and the 2-3 has a bent shift fork.

I know the tko-500 costs around $1500 but i need a new bellshousing, driveshaft, adjustable throw-out fork pivot stuf and ball, new clutch kit, dallas mustang tremec tko conversion speedcal kit. How much is all this other stuff gonna add up too and labor. I'm looking at $3000 total right.

No one around has experience with the a tko swap into a 4.6. So I guess I would make a trip to T&J Perf. to let them do it.

What do you guys think

Josh

I'm getting a 2004 TKO as soon as I can. Hate the stupid crappy POS auto junk thing. ARGH!

The swap should be very straight-forward for a 5 speed car. Should cost less than you think...

Are you kidding me? TKO all the way.

www.modulardepot.com Bill Putnam (Mustang92) runs a TKO I believe. Seeing how it's swapping one manual for another, it shouldn't be hard at all. The biggest problem I can think of would be reaching those starter bolts.