Rebuilding motor, Is there anything else I should replace??

I was planning on getting my motor rebuilt or getting a new one put in, I was going to get the clutch replaced too but I wanted to know if there was anything else that should get done while the motor is out of the car? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

were gonna need a ton more info.. are you adding anything, like a cam, rods, crank, pistons??? is it just a basic rebuild? have them measure the cylinders to check for wear, look at all of your bearings, look for anything broke or missing that will be easier to fix once its out of the car.

this is the stuff that i replaced because of things i was adding/changing

Cam thrust plate (because i changed out the cam)
Balancer
timing chain
Changed all the bolts out to the ARP version
Might as well check your flywheel/clutch and see if they need resurfaced or if the clutch is worn (easier to do it while the motor is out)
if you have stock motor mounts, change them out for the poly ones
put a new gasket on your oil pan (NOT CORK) use a 1 piece rubber unit
check to see if you have any leaks anywhere (water pump, timing cover etc) if your balancer doesnt have timing tape, get some, or mark it. (easier to do when motor is out, but not required)

when i get more info i can help more

i was probibbly going to get a whole new long block, so the motor that is in the car wont be the same as the one im getting, but i was wondering about like water pump and if i should get a lightweight flywheel or something?

If youre going for a longblock, then half the stuff i mentioned wont be needed. I would still get the polyurethane motor and tranny mounts. and this will sound wierd, but a friend of mine got a longblock 302, and put it in the car, filled it up with oil, and the pan gasket started leaking. if you can, id fill it with oil, and let it sit for a while to make sure you wont have to pull it after youve put everything together just for that gasket. other than that, check your ground wires and replace if needed. and like dude said above, you might as well clean up your engine bay while youre at it, you wont want a nice shiny new motor sitting in a dirty engine bay.