Recommendations on door and rear speakers

RedStang88

Aug 14, 2003
Hey guys I have a 97 cobra conv and want to upgrade the speakers. I have a set of infinity perfect 6.1 and want to know if I should go thru the trouble and make the fit in the doors or just throw those in the rear panels and buy the 5.1 perfects for the doors? Also, I was using a 300/2 jl amp to power the 6.1s, is it enough to power all 4 component sets? Option B is to sell the 6.1s and just buy 5.1s for the doors and 6.5" speakers for the rear and run those off my deck. Let me know what you guys think thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the 6.1 or 5.1 will be the same amount of work to get into the doors. If it were me I would run the 6.1 in the doors off the jl amp. if you want rear fill buy some 6.5s and run them off the deck.Its not hard to get the 6.1s in the doors and they should have alot more midbass then 5.1s. Buy some 3/4 mdf and make some adapters for the fronts.

Thanks man I gonna just get 6.5s for the rear fill so I dont have to cut up the rear speaker holders and I guess I will try and make the 6.1s fit I just thought the 5.1s would be a direct fit