Recommended 347 stroker kits?

bigbros93

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
Hey gang, alot of you confirmed that the 302 block I had was a good start for an engine build. Now, I'd like to know which stroker kits you'd recommend. Looking to buy a complete a kit from Summit,, LMR, Etc. Eventually I'd like to put the engine in a foxbody or older mustang down the line for weekend driving. I don't anticipate going to the track or breaking any kind of landspeed records; simply a fun car to drive. This will be fuel injected and manual transmission if it makes a difference. Also, any build lists of other recommended parts I should be looking at would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

• Sponsors (?)

My 347 and current 331 are from Scat. They are the leader in stroker kits. When dealing with a machine shop I like to purchase everything through them. My old machine shop prices were cheaper than online pricing.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for all the great advice guys! Follow up question on the stroker kits. The machine shop cleaned up the block and they recommended I go see another local guy for the rotating assembly so that then the shop can finish boring out the block based on the pistons I get. I was told to find something either .20 or .30 over. For 2 weeks now, the guy at the shop is telling me that he's having a hard time finding a kit for me and that he was calling around to see if one of his suppliers can put together a kit for me from scratch. My question is, why would one of the 331 stroker kits in Summit, LMR, or any of those online not work for me? The block is from an 87 cougar which it is my understanding that it's your standard 302 block. This is my first go at this so I can't pretend to know everything but trying to understand first before I go telling this guy to forget about it and I go online for the kit. Any insight that you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind:
Going to a 331
This is just going to be a weekend fun car; no tracks, no racing, no land speed records
No plans for superchargers, turbos, etc.
Could end up in a Foxbody or older F150