reducing clutch travel

myg-

May 11, 2005
how would i go about reducing the clutch travel in car? i have to push my clutch down about 10 inches and thats too damn much for me, as my knee comes up to the steering wheel/rubbing it when I need to switch gears.

my buddy told me about 2 screws on the clutch that you can adjust but you really need to know what your doing to adjust it -

how do I reduce the travel to like 4-6 inches, as my clutch is only usefull for the first 3-4 and the last 6 inches do nothing, I just need to bottom it to switch gears.

this is my first manual car btw - 96 gt

• Sponsors (?)

Firewall adjuster....and cable

myg- said:
how would i go about reducing the clutch travel in car? i have to push my clutch down about 10 inches and thats too damn much for me, as my knee comes up to the steering wheel/rubbing it when I need to switch gears.

my buddy told me about 2 screws on the clutch that you can adjust but you really need to know what your doing to adjust it -

how do I reduce the travel to like 4-6 inches, as my clutch is only usefull for the first 3-4 and the last 6 inches do nothing, I just need to bottom it to switch gears.

this is my first manual car btw - 96 gt

First off, do you already have an aftermarket firewall adjuster and quadrant? You'll want to know this before you start looking for something you don't have. There aren't any screws to adjust the clutch. The stock quadrant takes care of the adjustment automatically. If you have a firewall adjuster, then you'll have to do all the adjusting yourself. Are you sure you don't have a stretched cable? Or an adjustable one that is way out? 10" sounds like a lot of travel. I don't think I had that much on my stock set up.