Reenmachine //// Heidts MII front ends

outlaw66

Apr 1, 2005
Flowood, Ms
:hail2: Reenmachine.....
I didn't want to hijack your response post from the other day but had some questions for you on the Heidts MII installations. I too installed one, and am in the final assembly process for my car so the engine is not installed yet, "BUT, when the engine was installed to mock up the engine mounts , I noticed the front springs were "REALLY" bowed, to the point they almost touched the shock. And obviously worse with the engine removed. When I called the heidts guys they indicated that I may have to cut the spring some "after it settles" to get the proper ride height. What is your experience with this? How much do the coil springs actually settle? How much have you had to cut out of the coil spring? And , how long does it take for the springs to settle? Also, what tool did you use to compress the springs initially? I made up some spring compressors, but with no engine or weight in the car, it was a bear to install the springs. I am dreading the thought of having to remove and install them AGAIN after they settle.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Outlaw66

• Sponsors (?)