refinishing plastic lenses: results

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I havent been on much in recent times, however i am on now to share my experiences with wetsanding to refinish my oxidized and pitted headlights and rear brake light. I have been doing this on my car, as well as my sisters car all week and everytime i do it, the results get better and better.

Before:
IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

After:
IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

thanks for the info on how to do this DTNODYA :nice:

i used a combination of 600, 800, 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit wetsand paper, ScratchX and PlastX

• Sponsors (?)

nice job.

good timing too

i was just going to start a thread asking if there was any product out to fix lenses. i bought a terminator spoiler, and although the lens isnt as bad as yours was, heck its not even scratched, it just has some markings on it from when it was shipped to me.

how the hell did it get so messed up in the first place?? the trunklid around it looks fine?

this DOES work on clear plastic. yes mine are a touch hazy after 2000 grit and PlastX. I knew this was probably going to happen so i tried picking up some 3000 grit but noone in my area has any. eventhough they may be slightly hazy, t is still 100 times better than what they were

ill post a pic of my finished headlights when the weather is cooperative. i forgot to take "before" pictures

I told you!!!!!

You done good, looks new! Takes some time and what not but it's worth it. Good work. :nice:

If you get some 3M Perfect-it II rubbing compound and use that before the polish, they will look perfect. But your results are impressive considering I couldn't get anywhere near that clear by starting with polish. I was just trying random stuff and hit it with some 3M and it was night and day. Food 4 thought.