Remember the Saleen fire sale in August?

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
7200 feet
well, they claimed they we not going out of business, but looks like they are for sale now.

Saleen to Explore Sale of Operations - MarketWatch

some of you may remember the auction results in which stuff was sold CHEAP! wish i had a way to pick up items from Michigan and i may have bid on some items.

my main concern now is the future of Saleen. are they gonna stand behind the products they currently offer and will we see more products? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The performance industry is being hit pretty hard. There will be a pretty big performance parts company (all of you have heard of them, and a decent amount of people on here have their parts) going out of business within the next month or two. The company is nearly out of money and all the employees have been told to put out their resumes.

i don't feel the same about saleen now that steves gone.

i wonder what made him leave? i understand he has his own thing now SMS supercars. but why didnt he just expand saleen to do supercars also. and if he just wanted to keep that a ford thing, then why didn't he stay with saleen, and do SMS also? he basically disowned his own company.

and stangdude2000 PM a name? i could make a couple guesses, but i could be way off. my brothers building a stang now, and i don't want him throwing parts on and then a month later have them crap out on him with the company out of business.

The performance industry is being hit pretty hard. There will be a pretty big performance parts company (all of you have heard of them, and a decent amount of people on here have their parts) going out of business within the next month or two. The company is nearly out of money and all the employees have been told to put out their resumes.

can we get a hint? will they be having a big sale soon

well, they claimed they we not going out of business, but looks like they are for sale now.

Saleen to Explore Sale of Operations - MarketWatch

some of you may remember the auction results in which stuff was sold CHEAP! wish i had a way to pick up items from Michigan and i may have bid on some items.

my main concern now is the future of Saleen. are they gonna stand behind the products they currently offer and will we see more products? :shrug:

I missed the auction for Saleen, but my friend didn't. He got a set of their 19x9 (2), 19x10 (2) chrome forged wheels...for um....cough.....$105. For the whole set of 4.

Lots of guys grabbed some (at higher but still crazy cheap prices) and were selling them locally and on eBay for like $500-700 bux a set.

It seems like some companys that used to be aligned with Saleen are distancing themselves. Been seeing a lot of add's for Techo's new stuff and they used to do almost exclusive work for saleen.

Sorry guys, I don't want the name to get out there unless its more obvious it will happen or I'm told its OK to say something. Based on what I've been told, they only have the cash to operate for between 2 and 4 months.

Well, I just got back from the Roush Garage Sale.

I got there 30 min before they opened, and I was already in a line of 30 people or so.

Some pretty sweet deals there, I must say. I was on the hunt for some exhaust and/or a short throw shifter.

I ended up grabbing some brand new slotted front rotors for.....cough...$20 each. :nice:
I also got a set of their "off-road" exhaust (think Borla Stingers). They had a few minor scratches on the polished tips, but otherwise were in brand new condition. How much? How about $75 bux for the pair? Yeah, I bought them. :nice:

I had the mufflers installed on the car before I made it home. The scratches are nowhere to be seen, which is great. I had the GT appearance package mufflers prior to the Roush. The difference is pretty friggin' sweet! I have found the "sweet spot" for drone. It's at 1750 rpm. Ugh. On the highway around 60mph in 5th gear, 1750 rpm...hit the gas. BOOOM! The car fills with sound. Very loud, and since that's a slow speed for 5th gear...it stays with you. Of course, I could dump it into 4th and get away from it. I cruise at 70 for the most part, and the sound is VERY tolerable and pretty much a quiet burble.

I have snow tires on right now, and I'm kinda pissed because I wanna run through the gears and get some RPMs going...but snow tires aren't the best for that sort of driving. I'll have to wait until summer for that.

Overall, a very happy camper!