• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Removal of the two Smog sensors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MusPuppis
  • Start date Start date Dec 3, 2004
M

MusPuppis

New Member
Nov 8, 2004
136
0
0
Lexington, Ky.
Dec 3, 2004
#1
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #1
I dont have the Smog stuff on my engine anymore. No air pump, no little handlebar things on my heads and such either.

My question is, can I remove the two vacuum sensors that used to correspond to the Smog system? Will it cause a CE light or any adverse effects? I dont mean the EGR stuff, I have and am keeping that.

I'm not one to remove things until I know exactly how they work and effect the engine but the previous owner of the engine I have JB welded the bolt holes on the back of the heads shut.. So I couldnt hook it up even if I wanted to. Since the deed is done I'm just trying to figure out if I can remove the last remnants of the system since their pointless now.
 

NYC LSC

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
626
0
0
Staten Island, NYC
Dec 3, 2004
#2
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #2
You can remove it and you won't get a check engine light. You WILL get a soft memory code stored in the ECM for whatever it is that you take out, though. Shouldn't affect anything.
 
M

MusPuppis

New Member
Nov 8, 2004
136
0
0
Lexington, Ky.
Dec 3, 2004
#3
  • Dec 3, 2004
  • #3
Thank ya kindly.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Exhaust 4 Cats required for smog in California?
  • Codosuarus
  • Sep 28, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 6, 2025
Scottyding73
S
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
162
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
S
Fuel ‘88 GT Runs Rich Cold — Fixes Itself When I Unplug Sensors (ECT, MAF, O2, etc.)
  • Sufarry
  • Nov 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 9, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?