Engine REMOVED

• Sponsors (?)

??? There could be a problem with the 75mm TB. Have you tested the TPS ? No one could answer that question for you without diag on your part.

Have you tried checking the voltage on all the 3 wires with key on engine off? You should read 5v on the orange wire, and somewhere between .7-1.0 on the green. The black wire is ground. You can check the resistance on it. Also check the white connector of the salt and pepper connectors. The TPS runs through that. A weak connection(which is common) can jack the TPS up, among a lot of other things. Also 75mm TB on a stock car is pretty big.

This will help you fix the surging idle, start at the top and go step by step, don't skip around just because you already replaced or dealt with it, the next step depends on the result from the one before

doesnt really matter what you et the TPS voltage to as long as it is in the .9 to 1 volt range when closed. As soon as you start the car the EEC will adjust it. What you want to do is with your DVOM hooked up to the TPS, open and close the TB. You should see the volts sweep up to 5 and then back down to your initial setting. If it jumps, jerks. or doesnt move properly replace it. Make sure you install it properly as you can install it on the wrong side of the slot ontop of the TB.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Have you tried checking the voltage on all the 3 wires with key on engine off? You should read 5v on the orange wire, and somewhere between .7-1.0 on the green. The black wire is ground. You can check the resistance on it. Also check the white connector of the salt and pepper connectors. The TPS runs through that. A weak connection(which is common) can jack the TPS up, among a lot of other things. Also 75mm TB on a stock car is pretty big.
Ill give this a try.

man everytime i set it and its fixed, i go around the block and the voltage changes? Im gonna buy a new tps and a 65mm throttle body and im rpetty positive that will fix it. i will test it
Don't fixate on the tps setting, set it between .97 and 1.0 and forget it, oh reset the computer. Every time you turn the car on the computer read tps position and goes with it.
the important thing is the reading is linear without bouncing back to 0 at any time during throttle opening.

Don't fixate on the tps setting, set it between .97 and 1.0 and forget it, oh reset the computer. Every time you turn the car on the computer read tps position and goes with it.
the important thing is the reading is linear without bouncing back to 0 at any time during throttle opening.
No but like I set it to that and then the issue is fixed idles perfect and then as soon as I drive it and then come back its bad again. and i am on speed density so i dont think the computer would fix itself would it?

If that is it then set it per the instructions I posted and forget about it. Like I said, the computer reads it every time you turn the key on, if you are having idle/surging problems do the surging idle checklist, you'll find it in the how to/tech forums at the top of the 5.0 tech forum, here I'll link it: