Removing Autologic, Installing Diablosport Predator - Help

jadie24k

Mar 26, 2007
Ok, so my dad had a procharger 8lb kit installed on his 2002 4.6l in New Jersey several years back, and recently gave me the car. I am in CA, and no doubt the car was tuned for 93 octane gas, and in CA, all we have is 91. The car is currently being run with an Autologic chip, and I'd like to switch it out to a Diablosport since most of the tuners here prefer to tune on those. Anyways, my question was, can I simply remove the chip and flash the ECU using the Diablosport predator, or do I have to change the ECU back to stock first? Will just removing the current Autologic chip turn the ECU program back to stock, or is there something more I have to do. Also, does Diablosport have custom pre-made maps that I can run on my car with the the procharger kit and 91 octane until I get it dyno-tuned? Any advice you guys can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Removing the autologic chip will completely set you back to stock.

You dont want to be driving a blown car with a canned tune. Drive your car to the tuner, pull the autologic chip then get the new tune done right away. No point driving with a canned tune if you dont have to.

Consider an SCT XCAL2 or LiveWire instead.

Great. So, is removing the Autologic chip as simple as unplugging it? Or is it soldered in? Also, say I buy a Diablo predator, are there "base" maps for the 4.6l with 8lb procharger kit for 91 octane that I can run until I can get it to a shop to be tuned? Or are custom tunes available only through shops that dyno-tune it?

Great. So, is removing the Autologic chip as simple as unplugging it? Or is it soldered in? Also, say I buy a Diablo predator, are there "base" maps for the 4.6l with 8lb procharger kit for 91 octane that I can run until I can get it to a shop to be tuned? Or are custom tunes available only through shops that dyno-tune it?

Like I said. Dont run a mail order tune. Get your tuner. Drive to the tune shop. Pull the chip (its as easy as that - not soldered) and have them tune the new one. You dont want to drive a canned tune unless you have to, and the autologic is already tuned.

Consider an XCAL2 or LiveWire instead