removing lower intake

Sonic

Aug 2, 2021
Sweden
Hi all,

I need to replace the lower intake (I've learned from #stanget, its called lower intake yuhii :D ) but i wonder do i need to remove all things (waterpump, generater...)?

Could you please help me? Here is a pic how long I'm come with it. If I won't bother you, I appreciate to mark what needs to remove to take out the lower intake.

Attachments

• 240883037_534891074285871_6452801192054166141_n.jpg
    240883037_534891074285871_6452801192054166141_n.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey, not sure if you saw my post in your last thread but here is the section from the factory service manual for your car that details how to remove and re-install the lower intake manifold. You don't need to remove the water pump or alternator, but you will need to disconnect the upper rad hose, fuel lines, PCV/vacuum hoses, ect. I also usually take the distributor cap off with all the wires to make it a little easier to move around. Once you get everything disconnected, it will take some upward force to get that lower intake off normally.

Attachments

• 1995 Mustang Lower Intake Service Procedures.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, not sure if you saw my post in your last thread but here is the section from the factory service manual for your car that details how to remove and re-install the lower intake manifold. You don't need to remove the water pump or alternator, but you will need to disconnect the upper rad hose, fuel lines, PCV/vacuum hoses, ect. I also usually take the distributor cap off with all the wires to make it a little easier to move around. Once you get everything disconnected, it will take some upward force to get that lower intake off norm

Sorry for taking your time again :( I didn't see that, thanks a lot. I don't know all parts upper rad hose, fuel lines, PCV/vacuum hoses but I will read your attachment and google it. Thanks again #Hoyster

A dummy question, in pdf file writes:

"WARNING: RELIEVE FUEL LINE PRESSURE BEFORE DISASSEMBLING CONNECTIONS.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE MIXTURES ARE ALWAYS PRESENT AND MAY BE IGNITED,
RESULTING IN POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY."

As a beginner i really don't know how to decrease pressure or remove all pres üre. I don't also want to put neighbor's in danger or myself. So what should i do know :(

Hey, not sure if you saw my post in your last thread but here is the section from the factory service manual for your car that details how to remove and re-install the lower intake manifold. You don't need to remove the water pump or alternator, but you will need to disconnect the upper rad hose, fuel lines, PCV/vacuum hoses, ect. I also usually take the distributor cap off with all the wires to make it a little easier to move around. Once you get everything disconnected, it will take some upward force to get that lower intake off normally

Should I do as this video to "RELIEVE FUEL LINE PRESSURE" on 95 gt?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zssjdqdhw

The battery should be disconnected so I wouldn't worry about messing with the fuel cutoff switch (the electric fuel pump can't start without the battery connected). Then you can relieve the fuel pressure by putting a rag over the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and pressing it down to relieve the pressure. The rag will catch most of the gas, and there really isn't much pressure to release. Especially if the car has been sitting for a little.

• Useful
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
do i need a tool for remove on pic. I did " relieve the fuel pressure by putting a rag over the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and pressing it down to relieve the pressure." to relieve pressure but can't take out fule line :(. PS /991LXnSHO you are also good at mustang, you helped me lot also :)

Attachments

• 240896640_973133443255060_1371907643100618693_n (1).jpg
    240896640_973133443255060_1371907643100618693_n (1).jpg
    180 KB · Views: 59
  • Happy
software engineer doesn't like cookies :D

Hey, I'll take a cookie any day! :cookie:

@Sonic, yes, sorry, forgot to mention you will need a fuel line/ac disconnect tool to separate those lines. They're cheap but in case you can't source one for some reason, you can make one out of an old marker/sharpie cap.

I don't remember taking off my fuel hose? I'm sure I popped off the fuel rails as an assembly, one or two injectors might stay on the lower manifold, but they just pop out because they are held by o-rings.
But disconnecting that fuel hose will yield better clearance to remove the lower.
Btw. There is a bycicle/tire valve called a shraddre valve. You push on the middle pin to release some fuel pressure. Be warned and safe, wear eye protection!

Put the front tires on blocks and save your back some wear
Use a can of brakleen and compressed air and a blower nozzle to clean the hell out of it before you remove it
Clean and scrape the head surface below both valve covers good
Lay a bunch of rags in the valley to catch the crap when you scrape the gaskets
Clean everything spotless before reinstalling the maniform

• Useful