repair manuals

TOMSELEANOR

Dec 22, 2005
ive been looking online for some kind of basic repair manual for the S197's and all i can seem to find is shop manuals that sell for like $170. im actually hoping for either a haynes or a chilton. anyone know if they are available or just not in production yet? id settle for something else in the chilton/haynes price range if anyone knows of one. thanks in advance guys:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

To be honest, that $170.00 manual is the one you want. Haynes and Chilton manual's are not worth the paper they are printed and really only good for starting a fire with. I have a Haynes manual for my TBird, has blantantly wrong info in it, had a Haynes manual for my F150, blantantly wrong info in it and pissed me off, so that is where it went, into the fireplace. I don't see them getting it right with the Mustang either, won't be buying one to find out either. I do have the Helms( Ford Manual ) for just a 96 TBird and it is thicker than the Haynes and Chilton combined. You would need 2 Chilton and 2 Haynes manuals to equal the thickness. The Haynes and Chilton cover 89 - 97, so that should be an indictation on the quality of these manuals. Just my $0.02.

tgj any idea when helms is gonna come out with a S197 manual? i really dont wanna spend 170 on a freakin manual but if i have to spend that to get a good one so be it you know? thanks for your help man

tgj and golden thank you so much. im goin to buy the helms manual as soon as i get the money and my girl will let me. im still campaigning for a tune so well see how it goes LOL. appreciate all the help fellas