Replacing bushings

JJHstang

5 Year Member
Sep 12, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
When I manually push down on my front fenders the shocks seem good not to bouncy or stiff, no noise But when driving and hit some slightly rough road such as railroad crossings small bumps get creaking (may not be how you would explain it) noise.
Do you think buying a bushing kit, link below installed would help. My bushings and tie rod ends seem original. Hard, smashed, seem brittle.
Would help some of the noise and give a better ride?

• Sponsors (?)

chances are the bushing for the spring perch are shot. best do yourself a favor and go to opentracker racing products, or chockostang, the best people to deal with, and get yourself a pair of roller spring perches. that will eliminate the squeaking and give you a better ride as well.

chances are the bushing for the spring perch are shot. best do yourself a favor and go to opentracker racing products, or chockostang, the best people to deal with, and get yourself a pair of roller spring perches. that will eliminate the squeaking and give you a better ride as well.
Thank you I will take a look.
The car is a 1971 Mach1. Forgot to mention in my question.

Different question. I took front wheels off and sprayed lubricant on all joints, including the spring perches, joints, etc.
Took for a drive and creaks were gone but when going over small bumps, like RR crossing hear thumps like when it is real cold, like freezing and feels like tires are square and everything is stiff. Car runs smooth on good road at 45, 55 and higher. When I push down on front fender no sounds and seems shocks do not bounce or thump, seem smooth.
Could it be springs, shocks or what?

as soon as the lubricant wears off the squeaking will start up again. as for the rest, check the rest of the bushings for wear and checking, and other issues. if you do decide to replace them remember NO POLY URETHANE on the strut rods.