Restomod price range?

Cholt9610

Apr 1, 2018
Hi guys, hoping someone has completed a restomod and can give me a ballpark range for pricing. I have a 69 coupe, 302, that is like to do a coyote 5.0 swap on and upgrade suspension and brakes, larger wheels (18s front, 22s rear) fresh paint and upholstery. It has minor rust around the rear fender wells and a few hail dents. I’m hoping I could get everything done for 30k since I already have the car. I live in the Denver area and I am not familiar with any of the local rod/mustang shops so I could use some help in that area as well.

• Sponsors (?)

The feeling you have is not love, they all vibrate when they are old and tired.
But seriously, If you need to keep a memory save some parts off of her and put them on your new ride. Or hang them in your shop. I pulled the dash out of my '65 pickup, it will end up as either a wall hanging or maybe a bar. But I'm building a '66 I bought to replace her.

The feeling you have is not love, they all vibrate when they are old and tired.
But seriously, If you need to keep a memory save some parts off of her and put them on your new ride. Or hang them in your shop. I pulled the dash out of my '65 pickup, it will end up as either a wall hanging or maybe a bar. But I'm building a '66 I bought to replace her.
Haha I have always been the “built not bought” type so buying one is out of the question. It’s a solid, complete car that my Gpa gave to me when I was 3

I hope I'm wrong but minor rust is only what you see. These cars are notorious for hidden rust showing up once you start digging into the body. It's almost always cheaper to buy a car already done than to pay to have someone do yours. Unless you can do the work yourself you will be on a time and materials basis and will most likely be put on a back burner at body shops as they typically like quick turnaround jobs. What state are you in? You should post up some pics so folks can gauge the condition of your car.

I hope I'm wrong but minor rust is only what you see. These cars are notorious for hidden rust showing up once you start digging into the body. It's almost always cheaper to buy a car already done than to pay to have someone do yours. Unless you can do the work yourself you will be on a time and materials basis and will most likely be put on a back burner at body shops as they typically like quick turnaround jobs. What state are you in? You should post up some pics so folks can gauge the condition of your car.
I’m in Denver but the car is in Oklahoma and has been its entire life. I only have one pic of it on my phone

Attachments

• B73FAD62-D01B-4FED-8C28-2017860F433A.jpeg
    B73FAD62-D01B-4FED-8C28-2017860F433A.jpeg
    562.8 KB · Views: 273
I’m in Denver but the car is in Oklahoma and has been its entire life.
I’m in Denver but the car is in Oklahoma and has been its entire life. I only have one pic of it on my phone
The only rust it shows is one the rear fender wells, the other stuff is actually cob webs

Well the '69 coupe I did cost me about 10K in parts and supplies and the squirt, and it was in far worse shape than that. I did full floors and both rear quarters and one fender.. And from what I've seen the parts prices haven't gone up much in the last 10 years, however I did all the work myself except the body prep and paint. If you drop it off some place you can easily drop that 30K

Reactions: 1 user