Rim blow wheel

candphall

Jun 8, 2009
Orlando Florida
My 69 came with a tilt/tiltaway steering wheel. The original wheel was a mess so I purchased a wheel on eBay that was better but not much. I came without a switch so I ordered one from NPD. Even though it is close to the original the lips on the switch that are designed to hold it in place are almost non existent and the switch falls out of the groove. So I ordered a complete wheel from NPD with the switch installed. The wheel is beautiful but the switch is problematic both in staying in place and activating the horn. NPD is my vendor of choice because they are right down the street so I am not unhappy with them just the fitment and performance of the horn switch.
FYI

• Sponsors (?)

Even the original switch i installed in my old Mach 1 didnt want to stay in place ,when it got hot out it would fall out in places . Probably not the best thing to do ,but i glued it where it kept coming loose . The other problem was when it got really cold the rubber would get stiff and the horn would not honk ,the contacts would not make contact . Then sometimes if i gripped the wheel just right it would honk when i didnt want it ,got a few dirty looks