Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

Just finished reading this entire thread. What a ride! Your craftsmanship and dedication to perfection is very inspiring. I'm about to embark on my first "ground up" build using an 88 LX shell and a 92 GT donor. Thank you for documenting all the different aspects of these builds in such detail. You have given me a ton of great ideas, techniques, and most of all....motivation!!

Attachments

• IMG_6355.JPG
    IMG_6355.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: 1 users
^^^
That’s great. About 25 years ago I tackled my first mustang project and it was combining three mustangs to make one good one. Used the back half on one, doors and fenders off another and a drivetrain out of one that rolled.

Reactions: 1 users
Another project painted and headed toward completion. This is a customer car but is going to be a twin to my Little red coupe. I mini tubbed it and it will have the same wheels as my car and the same red and black interior scheme with...of course redone recaros. Also has the mandatory shaved/smooth engine bay.
2C446056-0CD5-497E-8D31-6CA732ACAC02.jpeg
A6810E7E-D7EF-4DDF-9DC9-C2E222081EDB.jpeg
8FD884B6-DB94-49DF-B4D2-A82E465C8BC5.jpeg
D26CC4D7-60BB-4CEF-A2CE-DB505F29FF69.jpeg
E690FC80-5C59-4EED-96C1-3E3DB34615BC.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
And the recaros Ive sourced for the car
05E4AF3D-F554-4421-B0B6-716758B2E97C.jpeg
4111E8A3-6E6D-42AA-8535-DD8FA194C544.jpeg

One other note. The customer opted for TMI door panels and as someone who does a ton of custom interior and upholstery work...these door panels are nice. Much better than any oem set and every bit as nice as I would have done.
7A60EDB8-862F-40B1-9FB7-033BEDCB1D58.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
And you plan to redo those Recaros? They look mint already! Man how I wish I had the cash to allow you to do a full build on my car.

Oh yeah Kevin, is there a problem with your FB page? I tried looking up an old post yesterday and I couldnt get it to come up.

And you plan to redo those Recaros? They look mint already! Man how I wish I had the cash to allow you to do a full build on my car.

Oh yeah Kevin, is there a problem with your FB page? I tried looking up an old post yesterday and I couldnt get it to come up.
Thanks man! When you hit the lottery, I better be your first call. Ha ha!
Facebook page worked fine for me just now but I’ll add this recent build to it and see how that goes.
And yes, I usually just start with mint recaros and make them better now a days. No time for foam repair and all that crap on these builds.

hey there i was eye balling the earlier portions of your thread
was curious to how the fitment and clearance for your fuel injection harness when your did your wire tuck and it came out of the tunnel
any kind of issues you had associated?
also if you had any experience using lizard skin on any of your projects, i seen you had used line x before, what kind of underlayment and deadening material did you use if any on the interior?

thread is absolutely astounding.
if one has not busted out a note pad or smiled while reading it are you even sn95 approved?
Baker

^^^^
Thanks man!
I’m not sure about the sn95 approved either but as far as the harness...You can pull them thru easier if you drill your tunnel
Hole to the pass side of the tunnel. It gives it plenty of slack without having to extend any wires. I’ve used lizard skin a lot. You need a specific spray gun to get it to lay out nice but it’s one of many good coatings out there. Oh and all the cars I build get epoxy on the inside followed by dynamat firewall to trunk.