Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

I have went over this engine more times than I can count. I should have just smoothed/shaved and filled everything to behind with.
029D2CA7-92AB-43BA-A75D-1F2331B4441C.jpeg
54FE8357-1CA9-4856-B355-EF79C620695E.jpeg
ADCB49F2-4DF9-4362-992C-E5DD660AF067.jpeg

• Happy
Reactions: 3 users
Hey so this isn't really about this build but about the 88 I believe I read somewhere that the paint code was 1d from ppg... which is a dark grey but it looks like it has some green in it is that just the light and angle or is there something added to the paint?

Hey so this isn't really about this build but about the 88 I believe I read somewhere that the paint code was 1d from ppg... which is a dark grey but it looks like it has some green in it is that just the light and angle or is there something added to the paint?
It was 1D just factory ford color for an 88 mustang. It was the PPG base and clear. So probably just light or shading.

Hey Kevin, I'm getting ready to put in a new right frame rail and radiator support in Booger (my '83 coupe). I'll smooth the engine bay at that time too.

I was thinking about removing the pinch weld completely. How much trouble do you think it would be to run the harness inside the cabin just on the other side of the firewall instead of having to have it hanging out in the eb?

Hey Kevin, I'm getting ready to put in a new right frame rail and radiator support in Booger (my '83 coupe). I'll smooth the engine bay at that time too.

I was thinking about removing the pinch weld completely. How much trouble do you think it would be to run the harness inside the cabin just on the other side of the firewall instead of having to have it hanging out in the eb?
That’s the only way to do it. It’s not any more trouble and will make a huge difference. I’ve done mine several different ways but on this car I finally just dumped the whole stupid harness and went with painless wiring. So much cleaner.
I didn’t even smooth the engine bay on this one because it was a low mile Saleen but just doing the wire hide and putting the harness behind the firewall
6A615D56-6366-416C-B192-90A24C006BB9.jpeg
2830876A-3B64-4D44-AE3C-4ABC906362A7.jpeg
made a huge difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Shoot bud, I'll take a t shirt from ya. PM me how much and how to pay ya, I dont expect free stuff. I'll flaunt your shop when I attend car related gatherings.
PM me your address. I have a new shipment of t shirts coming in soon and I’ll send some to my best followers. I have @General karthief down as well. Don’t need any payments, not charging you guys for them.

Reactions: 1 users