Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

So... How does one get into building badass Mustangs for a living? You literally have the job that I have dreamed of since I was old enough to bang two Hot Wheels together.
Well, my first job was as a bagboy at a grocery store and I got fired for working on a car during my break, so I figured I better go with what I know. Started working at a boat factory. The owner asked me if I wanted to move to his custom car end, then working at a Mustang restoration shop, to running the shop to getting a master ASE certification and working at a Ford dealer, then opening a body shop all the while working on mustang projects and eventually that became my business and now we are at a 2 yr wait for full builds. But pretty soon I’ll be getting back into old hot rods as well, cause we have a full build on a 56 coming soon.

Reactions: 3 users
You seem to be the recaro god !

Really I know I say it all the time you post but i really enjoy your work man . Your quality is second to none

Well, my first job was as a bagboy at a grocery store and I got fired for working on a car during my break, so I figured I better go with what I know. Started working at a boat factory. The owner asked me if I wanted to move to his custom car end, then working at a Mustang restoration shop, to running the shop to getting a master ASE certification and working at a Ford dealer, then opening a body shop all the while working on mustang projects and eventually that became my business and now we are at a 2 yr wait for full builds. But pretty soon I’ll be getting back into old hot rods as well, cause we have a full build on a 56 coming soon.

That's pretty awesome man, don't be afraid to share the pics of the hot rods here!

That's pretty awesome man, don't be afraid to share the pics of the hot rods here!
Will do. Got this customer build pulled out of strorage yesterday and it’s now time to finish it up.
AC7BC4B8-9B35-422A-B47F-8A47E487662C.jpeg
BBEDFE72-2498-47AB-A4AD-28385209F5B2.jpeg
8677795D-E18A-44FA-908F-197AD0555023.jpeg

I could use a Cobra rear bumper to replace my "MUSTANG" piece. My original bumper has a big tear in it from a random piece of copper that was laying on the road last spring. I think it may be beyond repair.

WOW. Just discovered this and read through most of the 68 pages. I was so excited when I got to the end and seen the project was still ongoing and that all of you guys are still active in the thread!

I've recently become the owner of a 1995 Mustang GTS with a stroker package after my dad handed it down to me. I do not have a lot of experience working on cars but it is something that I am passionate about. The stang is in decent shape, just needs a good clean inside and out to get the basics done. After seeing everything that you've put into your 94 cobra, I am inspired!

First thing I want to tackle is restore and lightly smoke the headlights and tail lights. You listed some information on which grit sand paper to use so I think I know how to get started there.

Also, someone mentioned you were on Facebook. How can I find you on there?

Reactions: 1 users
WOW. Just discovered this and read through most of the 68 pages. I was so excited when I got to the end and seen the project was still ongoing and that all of you guys are still active in the thread!

I've recently become the owner of a 1995 Mustang GTS with a stroker package after my dad handed it down to me. I do not have a lot of experience working on cars but it is something that I am passionate about. The stang is in decent shape, just needs a good clean inside and out to get the basics done. After seeing everything that you've put into your 94 cobra, I am inspired!

First thing I want to tackle is restore and lightly smoke the headlights and tail lights. You listed some information on which grit sand paper to use so I think I know how to get started there.

One of the better intros I've seen in a while. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your car intro thread and images.

Reactions: 1 user

Welcome!

You can find Kevin on FB under K and K Custom Mustangs out of Sweetwater, TN.

Hard to remember 7 years back... But you owe it to the poor girl! How would you feel stripped naked and thrown in the corner for years, watching a bunch of other variations of you come through and get born again?!

Last edited: