Alright I have finally rested on my combination. It will be my 289 with either a flat tappet cam or hydro roller cam. My combo is as follows
rebuilt 289
edelbrock rpm air gap
holley 600 vac sec.
custom cam either way
CNC ported D0OE heads (www.powerheads.com)
4 into 1 long tube headers
dual exhaust with h-pipe
roller tip rockers
c4 tranny with shift kit
custom convertor
3.55 gears.
In a 67 coupe will the flat tappet propel my pony into the 13's or will I need the roller conversion? Basically what I'm asking is the extra power warrant the extra cost of the hydro roller?
rebuilt 289
edelbrock rpm air gap
holley 600 vac sec.
custom cam either way
CNC ported D0OE heads (www.powerheads.com)
4 into 1 long tube headers
dual exhaust with h-pipe
roller tip rockers
c4 tranny with shift kit
custom convertor
3.55 gears.
In a 67 coupe will the flat tappet propel my pony into the 13's or will I need the roller conversion? Basically what I'm asking is the extra power warrant the extra cost of the hydro roller?