Rotors and pads for 5 lug upgrade

• Sponsors (?)

3033103154_abcaabbebb.jpg

they also look like two different colors if you look close...looks like I'm buying another pair.

Attachments

• 3033103154_abcaabbebb.jpg
    3033103154_abcaabbebb.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 41
Ok I guess this is turning into a progress thread for me...
I ordered a second pair of calipers and I am now working on a deal for spindles. $150 Spindles, ABS Hubs, Sensors and OEM New-Old-Stock Ford Rotors...Good, bad, maybe?

Just the coloration of the aluminum. The two calipers are not machined from the same block, so different AL may have different content and vary in terms of colors and such. They were probably made by PBR in different batches anyway.

If the banjo bolt threads are the same pitch for both..i wouldn't worry about the shade of the AL. I degreased and painted mine anyway

Just the coloration of the aluminum. The two calipers are not machined from the same block, so different AL may have different content and vary in terms of colors and such. They were probably made by PBR in different batches anyway.

If the banjo bolt threads are the same pitch for both..i wouldn't worry about the shade of the AL. I degreased and painted mine anyway

Eh I ordered another pair anyway. I'll resell the first pair to someone who is not quite as anal as I am :p.

me said:
I am now working on a deal for spindles. $150 Spindles, ABS Hubs, Sensors and OEM New-Old-Stock Ford Rotors...Good, bad, maybe?
Any input on whether or not the Ford OEM rotors will work out ok. The price seems pretty darn good to me for spindles and rotors so even if they are not great, I imagine they will be fine until they need replacing. But if anyone else thinks otherwise let me know before I pull the trigger.

How much are you buying and selling them for btw?

The first set cost me 55...the new set cost me 75 :-/. The first set came with pads...I'll have to have someone look at them and tell me what they are and how worn they are...

The spindles, hubs, rotors I'm looking at are 150 and are really what I need advice on at the moment :D Gonna go pick them up this weekend unless one of you thinks otherwise.

Alright I guess I'm gonna pull the trigger. It's not an outlandish price for the spindles alone and there is the possibility that I won't have to drop $110 on a pair of brembo blanks.