Roush Supercharged Bullitt Mustang!!

fox1x

Oct 3, 2005
Northwest Ohio
I did it!! I just bought a new Mustang. It's a long story, but, it's a 2008 Green Bullitt with a Roush supercharger. The dealer said it's tuned for 475HP (there is no boost gauge which I thought was weird.) Right now it's dark outside, but I took some pics with my camera phone that didn't tuen out to bad. This thing pulls like a BEAST!! I love this car. (Had 2000 miles on it, previos owner changed his mind and wanted a GT 500 instead)

I just uploaded the photos that I have to my profile; it's only 4, but I'll get more tomorrow. And of course I included the photo of the supercharger....

• Sponsors (?)

On a side note, anyone have links to places that sell either A-Pillar or center console boost gauges?

Autometer sells boost gauges in various styles. Various companies sell pillar, console, dash center, and heater vent gauge pods.

I went with Autometer gauges and a Raptor shift light in a Speed of Sound triple A-pillar pod.

IMG_0398.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 454
Hell yeah!!!!! Very nice!!!!!
That is a sleeper! IMO, the only exterior mods I'd do to the new Bullitt are Agent 47 mirrors, SHR lower grill inserts, SHR quarter louvers and staggered DD Bullitt wheels:rock:

I think I want to get the boost gauges on the center part of the dash. Anyone know of some good ones that don't look to cheesy? I like the A-Pillar ones, however, I think they would distract me at night with the lights.

You know, that link isn't half bad, I would consider that A-Pillar set-up.

On a side note, I'm having a hellava time with traction in this thing. Bullitts came from the factory with 3.73's. And, the car has 235/50/18 BFG's on it. If I take the traction control off and launch the car, well, 1st is about useless. The shift to second gets kind of exciting. The wheels just keeps spinning all the way to 50MPH!! I need some help... the power is there, I just need to get it to the ground. I'm thinking definitly better rubber. (the BFG's on there are "all-season" tread anyway.) I would probably need wider tires in the back, but my knowledge of rim size/tire size/ how it affects things is very limited. Also think I would need some LCA's. Anything else I should consider.

You do not need lower control arms or an upper. All ya need is a good drag radial. Mickey Thompson is by far the best out there. Alot of info and proof on my website's area for my 07 GT. So save your money on all those other goodies people say you need. If my car is going 10's at 128 in the 1/4 mile, with stock suspension. There is no need other than to look prettier or just to say you have them

Remember..colder roads(summer pavement will help ya) will not really let any tire hold. And there really is no street tire that will hold the torque and power of a supercharged car if you want to get on her big time by just flooring it. Easing the throttle is the only way on the street.

Just as HotRodHarry said, you don't need any suspension mods, you need a sticky tire. The factory suspension actually works very well. I've never found wider tires to be useful, because it's the same lame compound and only increases the contact patch slightly.

Even a nitto 555R will significantly help you. It's the least sticky of the drag radials, but definately will last the longest. I have a 245-45-17 on my 88 2.3 and got a 1.79 60' time, with an otherwise stock suspension. My suspension is a lot worse and more worn out than yours, with 20 year old rotting rubber and 146k miles. You can roll on the nitto nearly all the time, but they come with a warning sticker about storing them outside during the winter.

Also, as Harry said, don't expect traction from anything in the winter. Your engine is making more torque and power than summer, and the tires are going to be cold and hard. Making things worse, if you are anywhere that it snows, there is a nice layer of salt crystals, that even make it hard for my 215hp 97 GT to hook up till 40. :nonono:

You know, that link isn't half bad, I would consider that A-Pillar set-up.

On a side note, I'm having a hellava time with traction in this thing. Bullitts came from the factory with 3.73's. And, the car has 235/50/18 BFG's on it. If I take the traction control off and launch the car, well, 1st is about useless. The shift to second gets kind of exciting. The wheels just keeps spinning all the way to 50MPH!! I need some help... the power is there, I just need to get it to the ground. I'm thinking definitly better rubber. (the BFG's on there are "all-season" tread anyway.) I would probably need wider tires in the back, but my knowledge of rim size/tire size/ how it affects things is very limited. Also think I would need some LCA's. Anything else I should consider.