S.D. dudes, The Q ?

• Sponsors (?)

I'll probably show up. Not sure what I'm doing that weekend though.

BTW, you don't need a full face helmet at the Q (or Carlsbad). Any old DOT helmet will do. I bought mine from South Bay Motorsports for $30. It's a POS but it does the job.

I'm new to this, but me and a guy I work with will be out there next Friday. This will only be my 2nd time to the track. 1st time was to Carlsbad; best 60 ft was 2.25; and 1/8 was 9.46 @ 76.65. Do you guys who have raced at both Carlsbad and the Q find the traction to be better or worse at the q; and do you notice if your times are generally slower/quicker? When I raced at Carls.; I had 3.00 gears, just had 3.70's put in, what a difference! Any predictions on what my new times will be? Tires will be the same - BFG street tires.

Oh, and the guy that's coming with me has a '73 camaro, 454, dyno'd at JBA something around 550 rwhp; so you shouldn't have a hard time spotting us. Please come up and introduce yourselves.

Lance

Lance, the traction will not be as good at the Q as Carlsbad.
But it is still fun. The gears are going to make a difference, especially on an 1/8th mile track.
Lots of cars and people. and it's cheap.
It should be pretty crowded being that it is the only drag nite this month. And likewise, introduce yourselves if we don't catch you first.
My car is an 89 Vert black and red with a primer gray hood.
Bill.

That's to bad that the traction's worse (but it gives me an excuse!). Being new to this, and on street tires, I was spinning em pretty bad off the line. I went with my neighbor about a month ago to watch him race his 66 coupe (very nice fresh maroon paint, new tt2 rims if you were there), I was going to race then but I had just gotten it and hadn't registered it yet.

So, who all is still planning on going this Friday night?
I haven't heard from my bro in Long Beach so I'm not sure if he will make it.
M8KMDAY is fighting the detonation demons right down to the wire (I have faith he will prevail)
Scorpion is out (I think he said he has a swing dancing class that night).
I know some of you guy's will have to get stand-in's to take over your bar stool's.
So, who does that leave? :shrug: