S.D. dudes, The Q ?

• Sponsors (?)

Halcyon_Dolour said:
Ya, my gears mock me every time I open the closet and see them sitting there.

I treated myself at bevmo last night. :lol: Rusty Nails :drool:
LMAO nice job!! I need to restock my liquor supplies, I only have like 1 finger of tequila and 5 bottles of wine left. :(

Sadly though, I downed a whole bottle of wine last night, unintentionally :nonono:

Did you get your issues with the car under control? I'm still waiting on an email from Bruce at JBA but since we'll be there saturday, I'll talk to him then too.

1990StangLX said:
LMAO nice job!! I need to restock my liquor supplies, I only have like 1 finger of tequila and 5 bottles of wine left. :(

Sadly though, I downed a whole bottle of wine last night, unintentionally :nonono:

Did you get your issues with the car under control? I'm still waiting on an email from Bruce at JBA but since we'll be there saturday, I'll talk to him then too.
Car does fine on the freeway but in city it runs a little hot. Itll be fine dyno day but no track runs for me. :nono: Going to try to rig up that manual fan switch on friday night if I actually leave work before the sun goes down.

Halcyon_Dolour said:
Car does fine on the freeway but in city it runs a little hot. Itll be fine dyno day but no track runs for me. :nono: Going to try to rig up that manual fan switch on friday night if I actually leave work before the sun goes down.
Well you could come down and just hang out with us at least right? :shrug: Isn't it like 10 bucks to watch? I may or may not run the car that much, depending on how the engine sounds (been worried about a few noises lately).

Dudes. I havent been following this thread closely lately. I thought it was still about the racing through the cones or whatever it was going on last month..anyways...

Beau and Bill, you guys are gonna be down there this Friday night? Are you gonna make it Fred?

That sounds like fun. It so happens i gotta work at 10 p.m. this Friday night, but i was thinking it would be fun to come hang out for a couple of hours before then and check out the races. I will just be watching this time...
I think i read a couple of pages back its 5 bucks to watch?

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Dudes. I havent been following this thread closely lately. I thought it was still about the racing through the cones or whatever it was going on last month..anyways...

Beau and Bill, you guys are gonna be down there this Friday night? Are you gonna make it Fred?

That sounds like fun. It so happens i gotta work at 10 p.m. this Friday night, but i was thinking it would be fun to come hang out for a couple of hours before then and check out the races. I will just be watching this time...

Also, there is an Auto cross on the 27th, since you mentioned racing through the cones :nice:

1990StangLX said:
I may or may not run the car that much, depending on how the engine sounds (been worried about a few noises lately).

Talk to your gear install guy, there IS a break in period for the gears. See what he say's about getting on it at the track. I want to see what your car will do ALMOST as much as you but I wouldn't want you to hurt anything.
I'll probably be there before 8 myself.

L8 MUSL said:
Talk to your gear install guy, there IS a break in period for the gears. See what he say's about getting on it at the track. I want to see what your car will do ALMOST as much as you but I wouldn't want you to hurt anything.
I'll probably be there before 8 myself.
yea i am going to talk to him tomorrow, and if i am not supposed to race, i will just spectate and cheer you guys on.

SonicBlue2v03GT said:

Yes, friday night is when we are going. I will try to get down there between 730 and 800.

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Right on. ill try to be there around 7:30 too. Is there a spot where we all are meeting at? just not sure how packed the place is..either way no worries.

Hey Beau check your pm's. Ill send it right after i post this.
I don't know where we'll meet..I'd say just look for a bright yellow cobra and a 5.0 with an unpainted (ricer style) hood :)D j/k Bill)

1990StangLX said:
I don't know where we'll meet..I'd say just look for a bright yellow cobra and a 5.0 with an unpainted (ricer style) hood :)D j/k Bill)

Yeah, I guess I shouldnt be able to miss the brightness that is going to be your yellow cobra :D

About the gears, I second the notion about the break-in period. Although point to note, The guy at JBA (the mechanic) said there wasnt really a break in period, i was kinda like :scratch: . Of course he probably said that because he just got back from running my stang pretty good. "test drive" right after gear install.

1990StangLX said:
oh well, we'll see what happens..i'm hoping that there is no break in period because i really want to race at least once just to get a feel of launching on the IRS.

You got the 3.73's right? There is a definite difference in launching. I would want to practice before i ran down at Qualcomm. With the stockers i just didnt have wheel spin problem, combination of lack of horsepower and just done it quite a few times, but on the street a couple of times since my gear swap, i got on it a bit for one reason or another (someone prob. pissed me off :D ) but there is a good amount of wheel spin, big difference from the 3.27's. Wonder what difference with your IRS, plus you got a few more ponies than I :D

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
You got the 3.73's right? There is a definite difference in launching. I would want to practice before i ran down at Qualcomm. With the stockers i just didnt have wheel spin problem, combination of lack of horsepower and just done it quite a few times, but on the street a couple of times since my gear swap, i got on it a bit for one reason or another (someone prob. pissed me off :D ) but there is a good amount of wheel spin, big difference from the 3.27's. Wonder what difference with your IRS, plus you got a few more ponies than I :D
yea I got the 3.73's going in. I can't wait :D
I'll probably be practicing my launches somewhere quiet. I had the wheel spin on the GT but it's cause my tires were worn down. With the Cobra, the tires are new and hook really well on the street so my launches suck. I barely beat an old POS 5.0 GT the other day. :( :(