?s on y2k Cobra R wheels and tire size...

Sinultros

Oct 25, 2003
GA
Lately, I've taken an interest on getting the 18 X 9.5 y2k Cobra R wheels. However, I've heard a couple "horror" stories from a few ppl who decided to plus size their wheels, from the stock 17 X 8s, and that has me worried a bit. Anyway, my questions are:

1. I understand some ppl had problems with the front wheels rubbing. Seems to be a more common case especially if the car was lowered. However, mine is stock height, so will I be okay with such a large width (9.5) in the front, or not?

2. What tire size/s would you recommend? I still haven't learn to fully understand the size numbers. I'd prefer a size that won't throw off my speedo.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Tire Size Calculator

You will be fine at stock ride height. It looks better lowered though. I would not go any wider then 265/35/18 in the front when lowered. The backs are a different story. ride quality on less then perfect roads goes down the tubes if any wider in the front. speaking from experience...

So does no one ever run a 275/35 in the front? Pictures would be great.

Also what brand is everyone running. A 265/35 looks a little stretched on the rim.

I was wanting 275/35s Nitto NT555s on all 4 corners so I could rotate.

I have 275/35/18 on 18x9.5 rims

see pic

angle_shot.jpg

I have 18" Y2K's and I do experience rubbing on the right front wheel when turning hard right turns, and my car is lowered (although it did rub before the springs). I have 275's on the rear and 245's up front.

As for tires, I would recommend a thinner tire up front and a meatier tire out back. Stay small up front as to not hinder handling and big out back as to encourage as much traction as possible (already decreased traction due to the rim size). It really depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. Wider tires cost more :shrug: