Sad but fairly happy

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Just got back from the track. It was a pretty hot day. Around 30* with humidity. Ran on a 100% DAILY STREET form. No slicks, no shortbelt, no additionnal weight reduction, no nitrous. I'm disappointed.. I'm not trying to find excuses but a cooler day would of made my day. Would of mostly made me achieved my goal as well. I ran a best of [email protected]. Not bad for a totally untuned car IMO. Thats what makes it OK. Still stock fuel pressure and everything. I did normal burnouts on my Dr's. There's still thread left. :D Ran (2)13.1 and (2)13.2 as well. Most 106mph, (2) 105mph.

I feel like going back tonight. If only I knew somebody with a torque wrench. I wanna torque my wheels. I'm running on stock studs still and have to make sure they're tight enough. I want that 12 second timeslip tonight ! It should be a lot colder. Anyway, the best 60ft I did was a 1.8 :notnice: But then again, complete street form here. The streets(at least Carling Ave,) hooks more than that track :nonono: Anyway, je vais arrêter de m'appitoyer sur mon sort..106mph is a 12second slip. Just gotta hook and breath better.
13.04.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

machingu said:
Hey Stangfreak i think here is nothing wrong with that time...lol we both have lots of room to improve..Goodluck at the track man :nice:
For sure :nice: Just give me a "not a hot day like today", and I'm sure I'll do better. Nextime I'll have the slicks ready so hello 12's :D

Here's a pic of me today. Somebody from another board took that pic. I didnt even see him. It's a cool pic but I just hate that bodykit :notnice:

luskville2004a.jpg

Mario , I think it's very good , I don't know what is you set up ( to lazy to read or clic on your sign , must be the beer I had tonight ) but I wish I was close to that , I suck at the track and my car is slow & heavy , my friend has a 04 Cobra vert that he just bought 3 days ago and he ran 13.6 yesterday at the track , drivers has a lot to do with times ( so the car ).

Maybe one day I'll be better and my car will be faster. :shrug:

Thanks guys. Its a new combo and I need to relearn the car I guess. I got feedback from guys that know what they're talking about on Stangnet, and it seems that my 1/8 of a mile mph is pretty low. My 1-2 and 2-3 shiftpoints are not OK. Maybe just one of them. I've heard that our tachs are prety off too. mine is dead on down low but I'm not sure on higher RPM's. 500rpm can change a lot of stuff. I'll be able to confirm the reading of my tach with my shiftlight, plugged in the coil. Throughout the whole day, I didnt play at all with the shiftpoints. I was focusing on hooking... And apparently my car was running too hot. I thought that 180-190* was good enough but I gotta get it down to 150* or so. Killercanary "the car that set the bar" was stunned that after those 106mph runs(4), I wasnt even able to get a 12 second slip. There's a problem somewhere.

Lots of stuff...I wanna go back and bust the 12's on street trim and not tuned :D

speed545 said:
I think it s a good start :nice:

With a speed of almost 107, you re sure good for a 12 sec time slip. Probably around 12.80.

I know that that trap speed is a 12second run. If I could only drop the 60ft to lets say 1.6, that could drop me to 12.6-7, knowing that 1 tenth shaved off the 60ft equals to 2 tenths off your final run.

Cant wait ro run 12's on motor. I'm 5/100 of a second away.. :rolleyes: