Safest Nitrous Setup

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
Whats the safest small nitrous setup recomended for an automatic 2004 Mustang GT? I'm looking for somthing that could take a solid .3 to .5 seonds off my ET when sprayed, and I'd to find a kit that has the rpm window switch/WOT switch already included. Dry or wet. Somthing safe/small with all the needed switches. Whadya suggest?

• Sponsors (?)

just get some with all the safety stuff, like you said a window switch and a wot switch. plus get a fuel pressure safety switch. you'll be money. oh and don't spray before 3400 if you want to be really safe and avoid puddling. (wet that is) you'll be good to go

Well.........i orginally planned on the N0S NOSzle kit @ 1300$. But after talking with the guys at www.lonestarperformance.com , they took in my needs and questions and recomended the N0S5116 kit(99> GT's). My order of importance was, SAFETY, EASE OF INSTALL, and last, PERFORMANCE.

My car is an autox/HPDE/Road car, so i dont need alota power to have fun, just for those times at the local 1/8th mile with the "gang". With the car pretty stock, minus some tires/gears and im running 8.6's@80, id like to think a mere 75 shot could get me my 7.99 that im shooting for.

Havent installed it yet, due to other closet goodies(none power producing, all turn fast stuff), but since its my first meeting with N20, I am asking the help of someone that is more knowledgeable than I to help me here locally.

Tony

P.S. Also, by getting that Dry kit, I save about 700$, which allowed me to budget in some really nice N20 safety stuff. (heater, nice gauges, brackets) However, the kit comes with pretty much everything else.

Good luck.......ill prolly still have mine in the box, our autoX season is just starting up.

RoadracerGT said:
Well.........i orginally planned on the N0S NOSzle kit @ 1300$. But after talking with the guys at www.lonestarperformance.com , they took in my needs and questions and recomended the N0S5116 kit(99> GT's). My order of importance was, SAFETY, EASE OF INSTALL, and last, PERFORMANCE.

My car is an autox/HPDE/Road car, so i dont need alota power to have fun, just for those times at the local 1/8th mile with the "gang". With the car pretty stock, minus some tires/gears and im running 8.6's@80, id like to think a mere 75 shot could get me my 7.99 that im shooting for.

Havent installed it yet, due to other closet goodies(none power producing, all turn fast stuff), but since its my first meeting with N20, I am asking the help of someone that is more knowledgeable than I to help me here locally.

Tony

P.S. Also, by getting that Dry kit, I save about 700$, which allowed me to budget in some really nice N20 safety stuff. (heater, nice gauges, brackets) However, the kit comes with pretty much everything else.

Good luck.......ill prolly still have mine in the box, our autoX season is just starting up.

Why did they talk you out of it? The reason I ask is that, I just picked up a used NOSzle. I heard it was the safest/best kit availbe for our GTs.

I would definetly reccomend the NOS 05116 kit as well. It's a dry kit that comes with all the goodies for about $700. The design of the kit was very well though out and if tuned right will give you some serious gains (I gained 100 rwhp and 210 rwtq on a 100 shot). And I would definetly reccomend getting to the dyno to get a custom tune. Good luck