Saleen Focus?

Integraholic

I own the place
Founding Member
Jul 24, 2002
Indy
Well I saw a nasty looking focus with a hideous body kit on it this morning. It had a big Saleen banner in the window. I was unaware Saleen made a kit for Foci. I'm assuming this kid is a big ol fat ricer that bought a domestic sport compact. Anyone clear this up?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah< i work at Ford, and the focus is prety sweet. Well the saleen one is. With a great driver, claims have been made at 14.0 with NOS. The thing is its a rip b/c you can make a reg. zx3 just as fast for less $ :). AND the fact that even though they come factory with NOS, it voids the warrenty if it is used. LOL Any way it handels well and is comfortable but will NEVER become as good as gt.

Integraholic said:
It's nitrous. Unless they come with Nitrous Oxide Systems brand, it's just nitrous.

Im happy you posted that. And I would love to know what you guys are drunk/high on while saying that the focus isn't that bad, "NOS" or not, they suck, unless you are a girl that knows or cares nothing about cars. They are front wheel drive fords that were designed to be the equivalent of the Civic ( which you all obviously don't like). Not to mention ... the are ugly as hell, and they are fords, which do not have to be so bad, but the quality / life expectancy sucks in comparison to the civic.

"At the bottom of the list are the following three words: nitrous compatible elements. Basically this is shorthand for an engine that will come “nitrous ready” with everything you need to melt the front tires except for a full nitrous bottle, the main hose to the engine and a couple of jumpers to hook up the wiring."

:notnice:

Integraholic said:
Well I saw a nasty looking focus with a hideous body kit on it this morning. It had a big Saleen banner in the window. I was unaware Saleen made a kit for Foci. I'm assuming this kid is a big ol fat ricer that bought a domestic sport compact. Anyone clear this up?

well before you go off bashing this car that will hang and/or whip your integ (why are you posting on a mustang board anyway?) learn the facts. the focus saleen is no more of a wuss mobile that your glorified Honda. the focus is a great starter car and when modded properly will do most of what these rice burners do. who cares what it looks like? the kid driving it is probably proud as punch to have the car. it's a ford plain and simple, and i choose not to help put food on the table of the Japanese, so i pledge my allegiance :flag:

MaroonMustangGT said:
well before you go off bashing this car that will hang and/or whip your integ (why are you posting on a mustang board anyway?) learn the facts. the focus saleen is no more of a wuss mobile that your glorified Honda. the focus is a great starter car and when modded properly will do most of what these rice burners do. who cares what it looks like? the kid driving it is probably proud as punch to have the car. it's a ford plain and simple, and i choose not to help put food on the table of the Japanese, so i pledge my allegiance :flag:
If you'd continue to read on, you'd see that we established that the car in fact was NOT a Saleen Focus, but instead a regular ZX3 with the Saleen banner and a hideous body kit. So by this new information, we can see that this Saleen imitator could IN FACT not hang with me. FURTHERMORE, if you'd read around some other posts, you'd see where I state my reasoning for being here. And if you think that a Focus can "do what most other rice burners do," then you have not the slightest clue about anything with less than 8 cylinders. IN CONCLUSION!!111!1!11oneone1!11!one! You are a douche. Good day. :spot:

Excuse me, but your intelligence level is showing. And trust me, if there were a color gauge to go along with the IQ numbers, yours would probably be red.

Care to comment on the rest of the post or are you just in awe that a guy with an import actually knows what he's talking about?