Roush Saleen website change

2k2extreme

Sep 3, 2004
Hey all....Just browsed the new Saleen.com site....it appears someone there is attempting to actually be customer-oriented...yeah right. Same old info, just packaged differently. The ONLY seemingly new thing is in the parts, etc. section that "claims" it is being revamped and to "come back on Oct 7". Maybe they will actually fill all our back orders? Maybe ordering from the site will actually work and you don't have to call repeatedly to just get through? :shrug: who knows, but let's cross our fingers. I've all but given up on my team Saleen stuff.

2k2extreme
2002 S281-E #21

• Sponsors (?)

I am a little optimistic. I definitely noticed some changes in the way things looked at the factory last Saturday. The assembly line has been reoriented; the parts to be installed are accessible on shelving units and in bins at each the respective station. There was a video piece that looped on a TV near the ’05 S281 sneak peak room. It showed segments that served to define the Saleen brand and refine its corporate identity. There are changes happening. Hopefully, we’ll begin to see improvements in the parts and service areas soon. There were also more S7s there than I have ever seen in the past.

A friend of mine at the show commented that he placed an order for a couple replacement drive belts several weeks ago. He is still waiting for them, of course. I pointed to the dozen belts sitting at an assembly station, close enough to touch. :(