Saleens or 03 Cobras for my Mystic?

Back again . . . personally, I think the way the '03 OEM style 'spokes' come out closer to the lip is what gives them more appeal. The deep dish makes them look more like any other aftermarket rice-burner style wheel like those from momo or oz. Seems like ya got alot of votes for the '03 Cobra wheels. I'd go with it.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking 17x9 all around so that I can rotate the tires and come out cheaper since it is my daily driver, and I will run spacers rear. I agree with you on the deed dish, I think I like the stockers better. This way I have a large variety of tires to choose from. I haven't had anyone say they didn't like the 03's, but some say the saleens or better, but probably 75% are saying 03 Cobras. Thanks, and again, still open for more input.

Saleen rims.

I personally own a Mystic cobra with authentic polished Saleen S351 rims. The car sits perfect, no spacers or anything. The rears are offset differently to fill the wheel wells perfect as well as the fronts. No rotating tires......

03 Cobra wheels look to blocky to me, they were made for a sharp lined 99-04 body. The Saleen wheels are slightly more rounded and fit the SN95 body very well.

I think u should go with the saleens. But i would go with a 18x10 in the back. U only go to the track ocasinally ,plus u still have the stock rims with tires you could use for racing, i have enough 245/45's,275/40's around here at the house that we could get you some tires for the stockers. Since u wont be racing with those 18's i wouldnt be that concerned on tire price, they will last you along time so u wont be having to pay that price every 6 months...plus those 18x10's would look KILLER on the back. I know that's what im going with on my car (18x9 chrome bullits in the front and 18x10 chrome bullits in the rear)

What's really getting me is that I can't get the tires I want in anything wider than a 275, so they won't fit on 18x10 or 17x10.5. I'm still undecided, I've got a few issues I need to get fixed before I can start thinking about getting rims, but at this point I'm really leaning towards just keeping the stockers until I can put the car in the shed and only drive it on weekends, then go with the Saleens. I like the 03 Cobras, just not sure if it is worth the swap. I like the pics I first posted, but the pics in the link I posted further down the page just don't look near as good.

SALEEN WHEELS!
DSC013323.jpg

DSC013393.jpg

Attachments

• DSC013323.jpg
    DSC013323.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC013393.jpg
    DSC013393.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 58
I'm still 50/50 on this. Yesterday I had decided on Saleens, today I'm leaning towards 03 Cobras with some 315's out back. Going from a 265 to 315 will give me ~ an inch more contact area per side, big improvement. I'm at 11.4 at the local track (1000ft.), really wanna break into the 10's, and tires seem to be the best place to start. Going from my current 245's to 315's and a little driver skill should do the trick (just beginning to run). That, and tires are cheaper. I'm getting closer to purchasing, but I'm gonna try to make it maybe another month on my current Nitto 555's so I can see how they'll hook in the winter (winters aren't bad around here, mainly just 20-30 degree weather). Thanks everyone.

I'm still 50/50 on this. Yesterday I had decided on Saleens, today I'm leaning towards 03 Cobras with some 315's out back. Going from a 265 to 315 will give me ~ an inch more contact area per side, big improvement. I'm at 11.4 at the local track (1000ft.), really wanna break into the 10's, and tires seem to be the best place to start. Going from my current 245's to 315's and a little driver skill should do the trick (just beginning to run). That, and tires are cheaper. I'm getting closer to purchasing, but I'm gonna try to make it maybe another month on my current Nitto 555's so I can see how they'll hook in the winter (winters aren't bad around here, mainly just 20-30 degree weather). Thanks everyone.
11.4? Thats some unbelievable times for a basicly stock Aero Cobra. :scratch:
Do you have a nitrous kit or something thats not in your sig?

That's 11.4 on a 1000ft track, not in the 1/4. I'm still a noob, only ran at the track 3 times in my life, biggest problem is traction. I dropped from a 11.9 to 11.4 without the 60ft changing, still at a 2.1-2.2, just was able to get better shifts. I'm launching at 2k rpm. If I can get off the line better, I should have no trouble getting lower 11's, high 10's.

Oh! I thought you were saying 1000' altitude :rlaugh:
Kept thinking to myself that car has to be some kind of freak bad ass :rlaugh: