• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Saying hey and have a question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vista_Stang
  • Start date Start date Oct 18, 2007
V

Vista_Stang

New Member
Oct 18, 2007
10
0
1
Oct 18, 2007
#1
  • Oct 18, 2007
  • #1
Well first, I want to say hi. I have visited these forums a few times and decided to join, it seems like a good knowledgable place. I have an 07 Vista Blue Mustang GT and an 07 Plum Crazy Daytona which the wife drives. There is definitely rivalry within the household to say the least.

My question is about thesewheels I have been looking at. They are 20 x 9.5 wheels with a 35mm offset for the rear and the website is saying they won't fit a +05 Mustang because they are too wide. Now I know this is wrong because I know plenty of people running 20 x 10 in the rear. Before I order these, I wanted to ask opinions, does anyone think I will run into any problems with clearance on these wheels because of the offset? I don't understand offset too much.

Thanks ahead of time for any info and glad to be a part of the forums!
 

Maza4ever14

New Member
Apr 27, 2005
187
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Oct 18, 2007
#2
  • Oct 18, 2007
  • #2
should be ok. What kind of rim?
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Oct 19, 2007
#3
  • Oct 19, 2007
  • #3
If it is saying it is too wide, it could mean it will stick out past the fender lip. The wheel itself is not too wide. The wider the wheel, the more +offset it needs to bring it back under the fender.
Here is some explination for wheel fitment.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/wheel-tech-guide.html
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101&currentpage=103
 

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
3,015
1
79
7200 feet
Oct 19, 2007
#4
  • Oct 19, 2007
  • #4
stick closer to 45-52mm offset and it will fit better with a 10 inch rim.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
372
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Saying Hi
  • BriansNSane
  • Dec 20, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
358
The Welcome Wagon Dec 21, 2025
BriansNSane
B
H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
132
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?