Fox Scaling car this week

shovel_head2001

Nov 20, 2019
Montana
I’m going to scale my car this week finally and am looking for any input on how to balance my car correctly.
I have coil overs in the rear with an ARB (stock style coil springs and struts up front). I believe I should scale it with me in the car. Do I balance the driver side and passenger side rear with the adjustable coil overs? Do I add preload with the ARB or leave it neutral? How much preload? What percentage should my cross be?

Let me know if you need more info, Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello...chirp, chirp
You're asking for input where only 1% know enough to offer an opinion about what you need advice on.

Now had you asked for advice on which muffler, which intake, which wheel, what color, or what would be the best personalized license plate...there woukdve been 10 guys jump all over it.

Reactions: 1 user
What are you doing with the car? Drag racing, road racing?
Coil overs in the back not the front? (which is NOT the norm)
Adjustable control arms?

While i'm not all that versed in distributing weight on a car, i know guys who are (for drag racing) and they have provisions for moving weight around in the car.
Somehow i doubt simply adjusting one set of rear coil overs is going to do it.

This may be a good place to start, i remember he was totally into it.

I’m going to scale my car this week finally and am looking for any input on how to balance my car correctly.
I have coil overs in the rear with an ARB (stock style coil springs and struts up front). I believe I should scale it with me in the car. Do I balance the driver side and passenger side rear with the adjustable coil overs? Do I add preload with the ARB or leave it neutral? How much preload? What percentage should my cross be?

Let me know if you need more info, Thanks in advance.

Definitely scale the car with you in it - unless you plan to drive it by remote control this is the most accurate way to do it.

I think it is going to be difficult to give you exact advice on tuning because there are too many variables. Have you run the car at the track? If you are tuning the car for a baseline I would just try to go with something fairly neutral. Once you have made a few runs then you can make adjustments accordingly based on what you need out of the car.

You should probably just do some reading, though. There is a lot of information about these cars and how they launch...

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user