Scared the pants off Honda's Finest

Jon350

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2001
SoCal
After filling up the gas tank and watching the summer gas prices sore the other day, I swore I'd baby the mustang around as much as possible. Well I did excellent for a day and a half. I drove a good 20 minutes with out so much as a urge to push the gas past 1/2 tonight. I get off the freeway and casually get up to 40 as I'm cruising home. Then it hit me. The damn HID lights that blind you from miles away. I noticed two cars zig zagging in and out of traffic coming up behind me. I told my self, leave it be. The first one (98 'Tegra TypeR) wailed by me and the second one(Honda S2000) was about to hook to my right and do the same. I think that's what really rubbed me the wrong way. As soon as I saw him begin that quick swoop around me i dropped it to 2nd and right as he passed me at 60+ I made it interesting. His rear bumper didn't even get by me. I roared by him in the next 2 seconds as I was on my way to crank by his first friend (oh ya roared is an understatement...I was open header. :rolleyes: ) 5 Seconds pass, and well, so did I, right by Mr. R.
I called it quits after i slid a good three cars by the first car. :flag:
I know that sounds reckless, for that I apologize. But on the other hand i stopped two teens from continuing that behavior (at least while I was near them). It's just my way of balancing the world out.
Ok just had to let that out, I'm better now.

• Sponsors (?)

I admit to doing the same type of foolish ordeal.

Some guy in his LS1 Trans Am (Which I respect, but still no need to drive recklessly), came FLYING by me on the interstate a few weeks back. Generally on the highway I let it cruise at around 2600 RPMS, in the right hand lane.

Well this guy got my 2nd gear send off, and wasn't too happy when his LS1 wasn't keeping up. He proceeded to slow down afterwards and ride next to me. I suppose it was some attempt to see what I was hiding under my hood :shrug:

Good kill story on the Honda's though. Nothing bothers me more than some reckless SLOW cars on the highway. Reckless cars are bad, but slow cars are just dissapointing.

Haha cool, especially with open headers. I can just imagine two little dogs playing and biting each other's heels then they land on the old pit bull having a sleep, waking, and annoying it, incurring its wrath and yelping off with their tails between their legs. hehehe.

Man I get great satisfaction from doing nothing in bumper to bumper highway driving but keeping some distance in front of me and slowing when I see brake lights come on. Morons behind me swerving and changing lanes, just generally being dangerous trying to save a second here and there. They eventually get in front of me, wasting gas and brakes in the process, and no doubt getting frustrated, then they usually change out of the lane I'm in and that lane stops, and I and several cars behind me cruise on through. I have a little chuckle to myself and think about how many dumbships there are in the world.

In no way do I mean I consider what you did to be dangerous, perhaps a little, but speeding when there's no traffic and swerving and braking and gassing bumper to bumper traffic are two different things, and the second is just plain dumb, especially if you run someone over who is lane splitting on a bike. Sure they shouldn't be doing it, but do they deserve death for cruising past rows and rows of almost stopped cars?

I HATE when they do that....weaving in and out of almost stopped traffic to save a second. I crack up as I usually pass them anyways. I just pick a lane and stay there, as all lanes usually end up going the same distance in the same time.

I usually leave a bunch of room in front of me, too, but that comes from getting rear-ended in the Mach. I don't wanna fix the nose of my car and the rear of the 3rd car that I get pushed into.

And lane splitting in Calif is OK (read-legal) to do as long as you don't weave between lanes. Not saying it isn't safe, just legal. I did it on the Harley. It was loud, and I never went more than 20 mph faster than the cars.

Yeh I've heard it is legal in some countries and states in the US, so the point is even more true and you're right, the lanes do end up going the same speed - on average. Some days you lose some, some days you win some, most days it doesn't matter. But blasting ricers with V8 muscle is one of the attractions of a nice mustang to me. :nice: