SCARY PLEASE READ

Boy, this thread went off topic.

You gotta expect leaks and/or fires from any car that has a fuel tank behind the rear axles and it gets hit in the rear. C'mon, do the people that write these reports expect the metal to crush around the fuel tank upon impact.

Vic

if you read the article, it states that it involves many ford models including the crown vic.....

if you'll notice... almost all of those accidents happened on the freeway when the car was stopped and someone plowed into the back fo their car... what do you honestly expect? ive seen 2 cars become totally engulfed in fire in an accident and neither were mustangs, so as far as im concerned mustangs are 200% less likely to catch fire than other cars i'm worried about so many other things when driving that it would be pretty stupid to become ocd about such a minute chance of fire.

Damn, I guess we should all stop eating, because you never know when you'll choke to death on a damned mouthful of pizza... but as 94gts said, if I die in the Mustang, I'll die happy. Hell I'd probably even attempt a burnout as the flames creep up on me...