Scored A Ford Racing Driveshaft

we race all up and down the east coast... MIR and Cecil mostly we went to the 75/80 closing though. locked up a lifter and broke the cam pin but we were there lol

• Sponsors (?)

Aluminum driveshaft: (courtesy of shawn13) It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD. It measures 45 ½” center of the front U-joint to center of the rear U-joint. You will need the U-joint, part #PUJ353 from NAPA. The Canadian NAPA pat number is 1-0134BF. It should bolt right up after the U-joint swap.

Note: This driveshaft is not an exact duplicate of the Ford Racing part. It is 3” in diameter while the Ford Racing part is 3.5” in diameter. There is no guarantee that the balance will be any better than the stock part.

Use a piece of string and wrap it around the driveshaft. Make a mark on the string where the ends overlap. Measure the length of the string:
On the 3" AeroStar driveshaft the string will be 9.42" or about 9 7/16" long.
On the Ford Racing 3.5" driveshaft the string will be 10.99" or about 11" long

I always thought the Aerostar driveshaft was a little bigger in OD as well?

I bought my ford racing driveshaft YEARS ago. Think I paid $100 or so from summit. It then proceeded to sit in a box for the better part of a decade before I finally installed it in 2010.

Whatever mustang parts are sold now are going up in price. I almost feel like I should bought a warehouse full, sat on them and released them now.

You and me both pal... I was even dumber. I bought mine BECAUSE the price was about to go up. I should have gotten a truck load of them myself.

Aluminum driveshaft: (courtesy of shawn13) It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD. It measures 45 ½” center of the front U-joint to center of the rear U-joint. You will need the U-joint, part #PUJ353 from NAPA. The Canadian NAPA pat number is 1-0134BF. It should bolt right up after the U-joint swap.

Note: This driveshaft is not an exact duplicate of the Ford Racing part. It is 3” in diameter while the Ford Racing part is 3.5” in diameter. There is no guarantee that the balance will be any better than the stock part.

Use a piece of string and wrap it around the driveshaft. Make a mark on the string where the ends overlap. Measure the length of the string:
On the 3" AeroStar driveshaft the string will be 9.42" or about 9 7/16" long.
On the Ford Racing 3.5" driveshaft the string will be 10.99" or about 11" long

I read in another forum members who took DS from 95-97 Areostar AWD and it was direct bolt in swap with no need to change yoke, flange or Ujoint. I cannot confirm though. Just what several others had said.

I read in another forum members who took DS from 95-97 Areostar AWD and it was direct bolt in swap with no need to change yoke, flange or Ujoint. I cannot confirm though. Just what several others had said.
Confirm that and I will add that note to the existing info I have posted on the aluminum driveshaft.

Reactions: 1 user