SCT Xcal 2 ???

Okay, I have been doing some research on the Xcal 2 and trying to find the best price on one too. Anyways, I have found one for $349 with one tune of my choice and one for $379 with three tunes (one for 89 octane, one for premium fuel and one for 3 grand limiting).

My question is, is it worthwhile to buy the one for $349 (to save money initially) with the intent in the future to get a custom tune from somebody like Alternative Auto's (Lidio) tune?

Or would the one that costs more and has the three tunes be the way to go (even though I want a custom tune)?

Also, there is some talk about "end user adjustability" that is coming out (has it come out yet)?? What is that?

If anybody can clear these questions up I would appreciate it! :)

• Sponsors (?)

MCMustangMan said:
Okay, I have been doing some research on the Xcal 2 and trying to find the best price on one too. Anyways, I have found one for $349 with one tune of my choice and one for $379 with three tunes (one for 89 octane, one for premium fuel and one for 3 grand limiting).

My question is, is it worthwhile to buy the one for $349 (to save money initially) with the intent in the future to get a custom tune from somebody like Alternative Auto's (Lidio) tune?

Or would the one that costs more and has the three tunes be the way to go (even though I want a custom tune)?

Also, there is some talk about "end user adjustability" that is coming out (has it come out yet)?? What is that?

The "end user adjustability" is already out and should be on yours. You can change a few parameters when you load a tune or use the software on your computer to make adjustments.

As for your first question, it depends on when you plan on getting that custom tune. I'd get it with the 3 tunes so you can enjoy it now.

MCMustangMan said:

I cannot recommend Lidio highly enough.... It is definitely worth while to pay a little extra to get the X-Cal2 from him...

Last time I was there Lidio gave me the new features where you can make adjustments to the tune right on the X-Cal2 unit... very cool! So you can do things like adjust for tire size or gear ratio without the need for a PC! It will come in handy tomorrow when I get my new tires!!!! LOL!

So... if you can head on over to Mt. Clemens... You won't regret it! Then mark your calendar... Oct 15th, Aternative Auto will be at the Ubly dragway!!!! Come and try out that new tune!!! LOL!

I don't know about the xcal2 but have tried both the superchips microtuner and the predator on my car this past week and from the et I would say the superchips one is more bang for your buck. from stock trim (only lowered and 17" wheels) I was doing 15.67 put superchip and posi in went to 14.97. Best I could get from the predator was a 15.14. But i have been told predator is a better tuner. I think the predator that i have is faulty though, now won't know till next season as the rain is upon us for the next 6 months. Both have some really good options like rev limiters shift points etc. and the predator you can download updates of the internet as they come in.
More options for you to think about before you buy????

MCMustangMan said:
Thanks for the input guys! Hey Scrming, does the Xcal2 from Lidio already come with his custom tune for the $399 that he charges or would I have to purchase a custom to in addition to that?

Yep, it already has his tunes loaded on it... These tunes are incredible... A lot of these dealers/tuners simply take the base tune that SCT provides them and do a little tweaking... Not Lidio... he basically built these tunes himself from the ground up!! These tunes are complete!!! I would head over to Mt. Clemens... LOL!

scrming said:
Yep, it already has his tunes loaded on it... These tunes are incredible... A lot of these dealers/tuners simply take the base tune that SCT provides them and do a little tweaking... Not Lidio... he basically built these tunes himself from the ground up!! These tunes are complete!!! I would head over to Mt. Clemens... LOL!

Hey Scrming, Does Lideo do Predator tunes as well? Or only SCT?