SCT Xcalibrator 2?

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I'm very close to ordering an Xcalibrator 2. They clam 17 rwhp on a stock GT, could I expect that or more? Would it be worth getting? I have some big future mods like cams, 4.10 gears, and a port & polish.

• Sponsors (?)

Its even more woth it for an auto. Youll get better shift points and harder shifts too. Plus, 4.10s are a must for an auto, so you need a chip/tuner anyway. DO IT. I have a 4 prog chip, but I'm going to buy an xcal2 later this year and get it dyno tuned.

I recommend going with a reputable tuner instead of a place like Mustangtuning or some online parts store. Seen a few people who werent happy. A tuning shop like MPH, JMS, VMP who do alot of tuning and not cheap mail order will give you the best tune. I rather spent 20 bucks more knowing I have a guy who has personally tuned over 700-800 2V and 4V's making some of the highest and best power from them.

A tuner is a great mod after you already have mods on your car.
Their are some good places out there to get a mail order tune
from you just need to look first.Tim as MPH is one of the best tuners
out there.Woodbine Motorsports also does good mail order tunes
ask the guys on svtperformance.

I bought the tuner first. When I did the 4.10's, I just made the adjustments with the xcal for the speedo. When I did my 180deg t-stat, same thing, made the fan adjustments with the xcal, and so on. I would do mail order 1st, then once you do all of your other mods, get a dyno tune. You can do fuel global adjustments, timing in 2000rpm increments, change shift points(auto), bump up the rev limiter, and set up a 2 step rev limiter for the track if you are using and sort of competition rubber. You can also data log to a laptop, or do live data logging on the unit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the sct first.

If I had it to do over again, I would have shopped for the tune instead of the more generic tune I got at american muscle. When I bought my husband one, that's what I did. Don't know how their tunes are for our cars, but I went with Brenspeed for his (an '06)